Thread: Look how she's grown

Look how she's grown

This is Ebony Bunny's daughter who is now 4 1/2 months old. she was the smallest of the six who where born but still very cute. They are very close and good friends. They look alike, what do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Soo cute! Ebony is STILL my favorite. Are you going to keep her?

Yes Meg, I am keeping Ebony for sure. I also still have the two rabbits on pic below as well, Twinkle is the brown rabbit and Cadbury is the black rabbit. I will probably keep those to as well unless someone really special comes along and convinces me they are better than me at looking after rabbits, so as you can see I am in no hurry to rehome them as yet.

4 Buns!

Well, Heather, you know what I would vote for.....keeping them all!!!! Cadbury (what a great name) and Twinkle are very handsome and you can tell they are good friends as well as brothers. Now you neeed ONE MORE to catch up to me and my 5 guys!!!
    Seriously, I think you are doing the right thing that if you don't have a good home for either of the now you should keep them until you can come up with the perfect fit. I can tell from your previous emails how you love them all and worry about them....you are a good mom!

Thanks daisylover, 5 rabbits yeh?

Do you keep them in or outdoors or both like me. The weather has gotten a bit better here in the UK so the rabbits can go out for most of the afternoon on alternated days, females one and males the next. When summer comes the hutches can go out in the garden during the day and inside at night, they will love it I'm sure.

What kind of buns do you have, are they a breed? Pitty you couldn't show us a pic of them, I would love to see them, sinece we know a little about them.

Yes I probably will keep the two male rabbits as they do get on well which is unusual for males have have sexually matured. i heard that they mostly fight. Luckily mine haven't yet!

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/rabbithutch

AWWWWW! How cute! Cadbury looks like my Chester in a bunny outfit. We had bunnies when I was growing up. I love them a lot.

Love them buns!

Yes, I went a little crazy and have 5 house rabbits. No they don't get outside except as a special treat. I live in a townhouse, which is like 4 apartments that are attached to each other, so I don't really have a back yard. I can set up a folding pen for them and must sit with them to guard against neighborhood kids and other animals. I would love to be able to leave them out more but I'm just not comfortable with it. I would love to move so that they could be out more.....maybe someday. I think if I had a bigger place I would have more than the 5....not sure if that's good or bad.
    I have 3 boys and 2 girls. On the first floor, Velvet and Robbie (the boys) live with Miss Emma and Chocolate Bunny. Velvet and Miss Emma are neatherland lops, about 6 lbs each. Chocolate is a gorgeous Rex girl also about 6 lbs and Robbie is a netherland drawf(I think) boy as he is slightly smaller that the others. Mr. Daisy is also a netherland lop who is a brat and has been basished to the 2nd floor. He's also about 6 lbs. He is VERY jealous of the others and will not get along with them. Yes, he has a female name...the vet originally told me he was a she until neutering day came, surprise! By that time it was too late to change his name, except to add the Mr. I tried to get him a wife but he didn't like her either. He's so bad that if he smells that I've been with another bunny he'll take a nip at me to show his disapproval that I have not been faithful and true to him. So I end up (if I remember) making like a doctor and washing my hands before I go in to play with him. Such a nuisance. But really, he is very lovable in spite of this little personality quirk.
    No, no babies here...Everybody is neutered! As cute as baby bunnies are there are just too many homeless ones and I don't want to contribute to the problem. Besides I work out at the bunny sanctuary 2 days/week and once in a while we end up with a rescued pregnant mom so I can get my baby fix out there.
    I would love to post their pictures but I don't have a computer at home or access to a scanner.
    So I get my bunny fixes from POTD and rescue/sanctuary work.
    Actually I don't think it's unusual for boys to get along with boys....are they neutered? You might want to consider that. Boys like to spray and they can get aggressive as they get older expecially if they are deprived of a mate. We have several same-sex pairs of buns at the sanctuary, some of the closest pairs are boys.
    I gather it's really not all that unusual.
    Well, I've given you WAY more info than I'm sure you wanted...but it is so much fun to share bunny stories!
    You haven't mentined Bunny lately. How is she and what is she up to?

Daisylover, it was great to hear about your lovely buns, Mr Daisy sounds a bit of a handful, sure he is a nice rabbit though.

Bunny is fine. She and Ebony where out in the garden most of the day in their run, as today was the warmest day of the year so far, they loved it but as they are not litter trained they made a huge mess with their poo! Tomorrow is the boys turn. The boys aren't neutered yet but if I still have them in a few months they with me ready to be neutered. Soon, Ebony will have to be spayed too.

Lots of Love Heather

Awwww....Sophie and I think Caddy is absolutely TOPS!

I don't know how you do it!

[COLOR=royalblue]I think that Ebony is absolutely adorable (I love the ears that the brown bunny [Twinkle] has going on). I just don't know how you can handle 4 rabbits! I had 5 guinea pigs at once and it wasn't easy to take care of them all. You must be a great parent.
    **May We All Remember Bandit**

**Save A Life, Adopt**