Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: moms & Dads of Bengals

moms & Dads of Bengals

I would be interested in talking to anyone who owns a bengal cat. Once you have one you will have two. They are the most beutiful animal Ihave ever had.

I have never seen a Bengal - just photographs, and they are truly beautiful. I would love to be able to see and pet one. I just have cats I adopt from shelters, so I get what comes to me through chance and love.

Quote Originally Posted by chick from the squash
    I would be interested in talking to anyone who owns a bengal cat. Once you have one you will have two. They are the most beutiful animal Ihave ever had.
    Hello, I run a small cat rescue from my home. Actually, I currently have a gorgeous male (un-neutered) Bengal boy who is awesome. He was surrendered with two females to my rescue, due to a divorce situation from a former breeder. The two femles have been placed, but this boy is waiting to be neutered first! The hold-up is that he has come down with the Upper Respiratory Virus (which means his previous owner was not honest about his shot record) ... so I am waiting til he is better to have him neutered.

He is gorgeous and sweet as can be. I would love to be able to bring him into my house, but he is a spraying maniac right now! I am truly hoping and praying that having him neutered will take care of that ... I don't know of anyone who would want to adopt a sprayer! I have entertained the thoughts of keeping him myself, but I really couldn't have a constant sprayer indoors either, and I would hate to deprive him a good home if one was available. I'm sort of in a dilemma over him at this time.

Do you have any idea what the chances are of him not spraying anymore once he is neutered? He is probably about 3 years old, and I'm just afraid he has been so "manly" for so long, that he won't ever stop.

I'd love to see pictures of your bengal(s)!

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I have always only wanted pets, so neutering for me has always been done at a young age, Have you ask your Vet about the chances of him stopping?? I am on my second Bengal kitten , I purchased one last march ,and he came had a stroke last month and was paralized at 10 months old , therfore he had to be put down.I cried my eyes out for two days, and we still miss him, but the breeder replaced him with another baby the week after it happpened . This one is truly spectacular . I went out for 5 hours today, and he used the box twice (I think he might have finally caught on) anyway he sits on my shoulder the hole time Iwill allow it ,vacumning , laundry , dishes, very cool cat, I hope we have better luck with this one, the breeder said she has never before lost a bengal to this, and it was just a fluck .here's hoping, anyway I wish you all the luck with your young man, and hope he becomes as big a part of your life , as my baby Gamba is in mine
    Candace

bengals in NB

Quote Originally Posted by chick from the squash

Hi There...I to am from NB and am proudly owned by two Bengals...Midori is 2years and 5 months old...and Bailey is the baby he just turned 5 months old Oct 6th,,,where in NB are you..I dont know to many in Nb that have Bengals lol...

Maybe you could email me,,I would love to see some pics of your babies

Terri

Hi !!

Welcome to Pet Talk! Your baby bengals sound fabulous - I'd love to see some photos - they are truly amazing cats

We were adopted by a bengal mix this year - her name is Eve She will soon be 3 years old and was originally adopted by our neighbour from Vancouver Orphan Kittens. She wasn't happy living with our neighbour and chose to come and live with us - our neighbour is very gracious and wants only what's best for Eve. The neighbour has Eve's kitten who has adapted well into their household I guess everything happens for a reason.

Eve is a beautiful and dear little cat - she is spirited, intelligent and extremely affectionate. Our only issues with her have been her need to be outdoors, a problem that began in her childhood We are making great progress with her and at present, her outdoor time is becoming more limited and only when we are at home. She is gradually becoming accustomed to staying inside which makes me a very happy mommy

Eve loves her to play with her toys and play games with us. She is very vocal and tends to voice her opinions frequently She is so entertaining and we can't imagine life without her.

We would love to get a companion kitty for Eve however, it has become quite clear she wants to be an only child - one of the reasons she left her previous home - too much competition from another cat and 2 dogs She has thrived since coming to live with us and is a much happier girl.

I have attached some photos of Eve and hope you enjoy them. Love to hear (and see) more about your little ones.

Betty
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eve-1-2006.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	30905   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eve-2-2006.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	30906   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eve-3-2006.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	30907   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eve-Sept-10.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	177.8 KB 
ID:	30908   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EVE1.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	183.8 KB 
ID:	30909  

Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

I had a bengal

Welcome,

I had a bengal kitty for a few months. He was a doll. Unfortunatley he was tuned in to my one female Aby and they fought. Sometimes the fights were so bad that vet visits were necessary. So, Tiberus found a new and wonderful home.

Here are photos of him.

I gave him to a great person out of state. She and I keep in touch. I left him with my heart as heavy as it could be. He is happy now and so are my other cats (well, they would all love to be the only one)......

A photo of Tiberus licking and bathing little JuniRose, his little girlfriend. It broke my heart that Ti and Miley did not get along. I truly believe it was Miley's fault, as she has a complex, always has, and it gets the best of her on most days, even around her current housemates.

Ti is happy now and that is all that really matters.

wow both of your babies are beautiful!!

I will try to attach a pic of mine lol

this is Bailey He is the lighter one and Midori she is the darker one
    Bailey is exactly 2 years younger..he is 5 months old..she is 2yrs and 5 months...he is gonna be a big boy lol

Terri

Midori and Bailey are both stunning! With that light coloring, Bailey looks like a snow leopard. And he's only 5 mos. old? Goodness, he'll be HUGE when he grows up!

Do Bengals mostly insist on being the "ONLY" pet in the house?

I read this post yesterday afternoon. Later, I was looking at the pet column in the newspaper. (I know, I have SEVEN already, why do I do this??) I saw this ad:

CAT, rare exotic breed, bangle, nice colors FREE [then the phone number]

Hmm. So I called. It is female, about 6 months old, found wandering, no collar. "Found Cat" signs were posted in the area, no response. So now she is up for adoption. She is with "Feline Rescue of Cape Anne." She MUST be the one and only pet in the hosuehold. AND -

This is what really got me. They will not let her go until she is spayed and has her shots; they see no point in breeding her as they don't have any papers for her. There will be a $300 donation to adopt her.

Terri,

Your kitties are so beautiful and obviously love each other. I hope you stay with PT - it would be awesome to get to know you and your furkids better.

Aren't Bengals amazing? Having two of them must keep you pretty busy as they are so high energy and so interactive. Do you find that two together entertain each other more? I so wish we could get another kitty for Eve to play with ....

Hope to see more soon.

Cheers, Betty
    Yours in Whiskers

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Betty

Thank you I think they are pretty special as well ...but then Iam bias lol

Dont let the picture fool you they are not always this snuggly with each other lol

Most times they are tearing through our home chasing each other and playing.

Yes they keep me busy BUT they keep me more amused than anything!

We just recently bought a home,we were living in an apartment where the landlord said only one kitty. and I really wanted to add a new Bengal to our family...so we started looking for a new home...told you I was :OWNED: lol

Midori is sooo shy with anyone..she only comes to me for attention and it is on her terms... Bailey can NOT get enough attention from anyone who comes to our home..different as day and night lol....

And ty again I hope to stay here for a long time to its nice to talk to other ppl owned by bengals lol...or any other feline for that matter

Freedom
    Not all Bengals have to be an only pet probably 90% would rather have another animal in the home,,,Bengals are VERY voal and before Bailey Midori would HOWL for hours in the day ..since Bailey has come to live here she rarely howls..other then her converation time lol...she was lonely and needed a friend

Terri..

I have a BEAUTIFUL Bengal boy!

My sweetheart Kitty Boy died of nasty cancer in July. I was heartbroken! I'd had him for sooooo many years. Anyway, I adopted another boy in August at the local Humane Society- he was an owner surrender, 5.y.o. very gorgeous boy. It was a few days later that I was online and discovered that he is a Bengal! I never knew they existed! He is marbled & very swirly- black, gray, cream, etc., etc., etc.- colors I've never seen before all one one kitty, and near the tip of his tail there's a solid white ring. His name (according to the shelter) is Ringo- he knows it so well, so I didn't change it. He's extremely affectionate and talkative. He's a big boy, too. I've been researching the breed- it's interesting!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Img0828.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	197.6 KB 
ID:	31351   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Img0840.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	31352   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Img0839.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	203.2 KB 
ID:	31353  
    Last edited by Laura1; 11-03-2006 at 07:19 PM.

Laura1,

I am sorry about the loss of your Kitty Boy and know how difficult it is to lose our babies.

Ringo is just gorgeous and I'm sure will capture your heart in no time at all Bengals are definitely unique - their personalties are just so commanding.

Looking forward to hearing more about Ringo and seeing more pictures when it's convenient.

Betty
    Yours in Whiskers

• Lao Tzu

beautiful

they are lovely - question for you all i heard that bengal cats are more indoor than outdoor is that true?

helen x owner of valentine (puurring next to me!)