Thread: Help my cat

Help my cat

Hi, I am new to this sight and I have a question that I hope someone out there can help me with. My husband and I are building a new room in our house. We have the room closed in with the walls up and my cat the I have had for 6 years has decided that she wants to pee on the plywood in the new room. This room is huge and there is no way to keep her out of it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop her from peeing in this room and go back to using the litter box?( She does still use the box)

You NEED to clean wherever she has sprayed with a special cleanr that removes all trace of the odor - every pet shop sell Nature's Miracle or something like it that has enzymes that destory instead us just mask the odor.

After that, you could try have a spray bottle handy and spritzing her if you catch her in the act, or have you tried putting a second litter box in that room?

thank you for answering. yes i have cleaned and for now i have blocked off access to the room until i can come up with something. hopeful before i put carpet down in there.

It could be that something in the raw plywood reminds your cat of cat urine odor or cat spray. That might be what would encourage your cat to urinate there - as a kind of competition.

good answer. maybe i should keep her out of there until the carpet gets put down. thank you

And then, just for good measure, don't they have some products that encourage cats not to urinate in certain places? You could start off using something like that - I have heard of something called Feliway, but have not had occasion to use it, because we have been very fortunate with our cats, and we have not had this problem - except for one cat who liked to urinate in a bean bag chair (we figured it sounded and felt like litter - so we just got rid of the chair and never had the problem again).