Thread: Cat nightmares

Cat nightmares

I was sleeping so nicely last night -- Allen and Pouncer cuddled with each other on my right, Flutter sprawled out on my left. Ahhhh.... life can be good! Then I woke from an AWFUL nightmare. I dreamt Harry was somehwere (don't know where, it was dark) and all I knew was that his front paw was mangled, with a huge hole right at the "wrist".

OMG... It was so REAL. I SWORE it was a psychic premonition (don't ask me WHY I swore that, I'd never had one of those before... but thats how real it was!) I flew out of my room to check on Harry's favorite nocturnal spots...... and he wasn't at any of them.

OMG OMG... the more rooms and places I checked without seeing him only reinforced and confirmed my belief Harry was hurt and needing my help. I checked under beds, in closets, outside. NO HARRY! I double checked everywhere, still no Harry. By this time, I was FRANTIC and near tears. Oh, it was also 4:00 in the morning, and I was home alone, so nobody was home to help me search.

I left the bedroom to check in Angel's room again (who was by the way, screaming her head off the entire time: She wants OUT of her cage) and then walked back into my bedroom. A whole 20 seconds passed..... and there was Harry standing sleepily in the bedroom. I SWEAR this cat materializd out of thin air!

Good thing was, my boy was all in one piece, not even one hait out of place. I of course smothered him in kisses..... and he spent the rest of the night glued to my side.

How truly awful that was! It was SO REAL!

I'm so glad it turned out NOT to be real! How scary! I bet Harry was wondering what all the fuss was about!

Deb
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

You poor thing!!! Nightmares are the pits, and YES they seem far too real at times. I'm sorry you had to suffer through all of this, but at least the outcome was good. Hug that Harry a little more today for me too!

((HUGS))
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Once in a while Scrappy 2,will be sleeping,and will be swinging her paws back and forth,and clicking her teeth.
    I wonder what part of her Porch life that she is recreating,what she is fighting or trying to catch.
    She must have had a few traumas on the Porch,but shes all right now.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I SWEAR this cat materializd out of thin air!
    HARRY????? THIN air??? I don't think the 2 concepts go together.

But I do know the panic feeling and I also know how a cat can suddenly BE somewhere that seconds ago it was NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by jenluckenbach
    HARRY????? THIN air??? I don't think the 2 concepts go together.
    Hey there! Poor Harry resembles that remark! Besides, he's been s-l-o-w-l-y losing weight lately. He's not happy about his new diet, but he's also s-l-o-w-l-y beginning to realize I'm not starving him to death.

Jen, hee hee, you're too funny.

Wow Kim, that must have been so scary for you. I'm glad it was just a nightmare and that Harry is okay.
    Don't you hate that when you are trying to find them and then clear out of blue, they come out from werever they are, when THEY are ready and then look at you as if to say, "What's up?"

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010