Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do Austrailian Cattle dogs. . ..

Quote Originally Posted by .sarah
    You're welcome! I really do think that Autumn is a gorgeous dog
    Thank you!

I found this picture on Google, this looks a lot like her too
    http://www.lostdogrescue.org/admin/d...Hannah-7-6.JPG
    ^ Chow/ Shiba Inu
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Yeah, maybe she is a mix of all three! It took us a while to figure out what Mandy is, and we don't know for sure since we never saw her mom or dad, but I think we're correct. However, sometimes I'll see a totally different breed than what she is (she's a White GSD/Am. Staff) and I'll think it looks EXACTLY like her. It's fun trying to figure out what your doggie is. But with Mandy's looks and temperment the GSD/Am.Staff guess seems pretty accurate.

Mandy does look a lot like a white GSD. Mandy, Nova, and Luka are gorgeaus dogs btw. I love trying to figure out dogs breeds too. I dont have any clues to Autumns background, because she was pretty much a stray, but she has a purple tounge.

-edit- Thanks so much for helping me out Sarah!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

You're welcome, and thanks for the comments about my kids

I have 2 friends that have Akita/Chow mixes & they both look exactly like her. One has a slightly darker muzzle but otherwise they look exactly alike.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

this dog looks very much alike, but i dont think she has corgi in her
    he is chow /corgi

this one is a chow/lab

chow/akita

i hope this helps in your quest
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

What about Cannaan (sp?) Dog It was one of the breeds that came into my head when i saw her pic. She is beautiful.
    Hannah-Lily

Lily's Dogster - http://www.dogster.com/?217854

she definatly looks some ACD. i had a red ACD and he didnt run a whole lot.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I don't think Australian Cattle Dogs trot very much... I have had many in my life, and they don't trot very much... but maybe Aussie or German Shepherd?

Did you know: If the world was one shelter instead of broken up ones, 5,000 dogs are killed per second?

Did you know only 40% of dogs in the world are adopted from the shelter?

Blog Entries

Australian Cattle Dog

Your dog looks like it could be crossed with an Australian Cattle dog? I have an Austrailian Cattle dog. He is very stoutly built & a bit shorter built then your dog. He is a nervous high strung dog that does trot around a lot. The Australian Cattle dogs are crossed up with the Dalmatian, Kelpie, wild Dingo dog of Australia, & the Highland Collies. Does your dog try to herd anything like cats, other dogs, or people? My dog will try to herd people & come up from behind & nip their heels. He is very much a family dog & doesn't think to much of strangers either. I like him but this breed of dog has gotten somewhat out of hand. The temperaments have changed in these dogs over the years.

Kia is Husky/ACD and she has a tendancy to prance. I've never thought of it as trotting before but maybe we're thinking of the same thing and just describing it differently.

In that full body shot, I see ACD in Autumn.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

She's not a ACD if she doesn't squat and piddle when excited. Every ACD I've ever fostered or met squats and piddles when excited or approached.
    Love is Adoptable. Adopt a Pit Bull.

Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Animals Die.

If Pit Bulls are outlawed, only outlaws will have Pit Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Chick
    She's not a ACD if she doesn't squat and piddle when excited. Every ACD I've ever fostered or met squats and piddles when excited or approached.
    This is a mis-conception about the ACD's. What is happening is correct, the dog is excited and nervous, usually this happens when greeting someone at the door, and or the dog is receiving "baby" talk. the most common error is to happily greet the dog, causing them to become even more excited. The best method for correcting this is to ignore the dog after entering the house until they calm down a little. My youngest female ACD used to do this, and now, thankfully, problem solved.

Your dog definitely looks like it has red aussie cattle dog from the side, the face gives me questions, ,but that could be the other breed. From what I see in the general stature of the dog is very much what is the standard for the ACD's. The "cowlicks" around the neck and shoulders are very similar to my Red male, as is the lighter color of the tail. And...yes, all of my ACD's trot, except the fat one LOL, she saunters. It is very similar to the "run" that they do in presentations at dog shows, only slower. Other traits that might help ID the breed to ACD's is digging or pawing in the water dish. A high pitched bark/yelp to get attention which will nearly destroy your eardrums. Always "underfoot" or following you around or not letting you out of their sight. Sometimes destructive behavior linked to inactivity or boredom. Insatiable desire to eat/chash tennis balls. tendancy to want to nip at your heels or herding children. I hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000_00.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	684.6 KB 
ID:	29825   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	023_20A.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	708.4 KB 
ID:	29826  

Here's a Chow/Cattle Dog:

Buddy tends to trot a lot and he's a Cattle Dog/Pit.