Thread: Spider-man Mice

Spider-man Mice

My beloved mice, Sputnik and Magic, now at RB, used to do a funny and unique trick. They climbed to the top of their little 'house' in their cage, and they would jump up and sort of 'backflip' and grab the bars on the top of the cage and 'walk' with all four paws. And they would do all this upside-down clinging to the top of the cage! As my 6-year old brother put it, they were Spider-man Mice. Has anyone else seen this before? Does anyone know why they would do this?
    R.I.P. Hedwig... I miss you baby birdie. Fly strong at RB.

R.I.P. Sputnik and Magic. I hope they have spinney-wheels at the bridge.

Saphira (cocker spaniel), Snuggles (white german shepherd mix), Ocean (blue parakeet), and Evra (ball python), and Ghost (kitten)

My Roborovski hamsters Marble and Flanighan, also at RB, used do do that when they were young. They couldn't do it that well though because roborovski hamsters can't be kept in barred cages because they can squeeze through the gaps. I have no idea why they did it, to me it just looked like fun!!!

Zimbabwe 07/13

So you don't think that there was an actual reason that they did it? If not, then that's great. Thanks for letting me know.
    R.I.P. Hedwig... I miss you baby birdie. Fly strong at RB.

R.I.P. Sputnik and Magic. I hope they have spinney-wheels at the bridge.

Saphira (cocker spaniel), Snuggles (white german shepherd mix), Ocean (blue parakeet), and Evra (ball python), and Ghost (kitten)

I don't think so. My hamsters lived over two years, Marble having a litter of six babies, and nothing seemed to be wrong with them. Could just have been something they did when they got bored. As i said before, they grew out of it after a while, and i'd actually forgotten that they did that until i read this thread!!!

Zimbabwe 07/13

I think they do it for fun.

One of my mice, he liked to pretend to be superman. He'd climb to the top of his waterbottle..and jump off with his legs spread out. I was watching him one day climbing, he attempted to do superman, and all of a sudden he was gasping on the floor of his cage. He didn't make it..I think he broke his back, or slipped a disk or something. So just keep an eye on them.

i had like 20 mice over the past year and ALL of my mice used to do that. They are on the RB now...don't know why...but my absolute favorite mouse, Tipper, was attacked by my brother's Tarantula, and was originally meant for tarantula food, but i cleaned him off and took him off of my brother's hands so he wouldn't have to deal with a mouse his tarantula wouldn't eat...so i took him, cleaned him off and within 5 minutes of being introduced to his cage, he was climbing on the top. So he was really cool and all...but he loved to be on the top, and he would hang on his back legs, suspended from my finger, and we called him Monkey mouse Tipper!
    Owned by Titus, Bob, Alice, Trixie, Honey, Chesterfield, Al, Oreo, Dave, Ed, and Tyr!
    In two short months I will have my dream horse, Cesar!