" I am a dog breeder "

I am a dog breeder
    I breed dogs
    Not cats
    Not mice
    Not Rabbits
    Dogs

I am a dog breeder
    I am not a pet store. I can not guarantee having a puppy of a specific color or sex available on demand.
    Those puppies that I tell you I have available, are what I have. Just because you decide today that you want a puppy, doesn’t mean that I have one available for you to take home today.

I am a dog breeder
    I am not a traveling salesman, I will not bring a selection of puppies to your home for you to look over. If I have puppies available, then you may make an appointment to come and view them. All puppies I say are not available, are not available. The age and availability dates that I give you are NOT negotiable; I will not sell a puppy before I feel that it is ready to go to its new home.

I am a dog breeder
    I am not a bargain basement clearance store, if you are looking for a puppy at a bargain rate, keep looking, you will not find it here. Every puppy that I have is raised with all the loving attention that I can give it, I have spent many hours feeding, watering, cleaning up after, loving and worrying over each and every one.

I am a dog breeder
    I spend hours on the phone, the internet and in person answering the same questions of each perspective buyer. I answer the same questions time after time, remembering that each person inquiring needs to be educated about my breed. I answer the questions and do my best to tolerate the rude behavior of buyers who are upset that they can’t get what they want when they want it.

I am a dog breeder
    I spend countless hours learning more about how to raise puppies better and more about my specific breed. I spend enormous amounts of money at the vets and buying food and dog related supplies. If you broke down what I bring in on each puppy as “profit,” I would be making pennies per hour.

I am a dog breeder
    I spend a lot of money and many hours preparing for traveling to and attending dog shows. And I am thrilled to bring home a two dollar rosette. I enjoy the camaraderie of other breeders and admire their dogs even when their dog beats mine.

I am a dog breeder and I LOVE my dogs.

we know you are Kara
    Last edited by vinjashira; 11-03-2005 at 12:25 PM. Reason: misspelt :p

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

I like that a lot. And it really needed to be said, especially with all of the heated topics floating around here. Kudos to you.

And your dogs are absolutely a testimony to your hard work and research!!!

Quote Originally Posted by areias
    I like that a lot. And it really needed to be said, especially with all of the heated topics floating around here. Kudos to you.
    Exactly why I posted it...

That's really great! Definetly the definition of "responsible & reputable!" Thanks for posting

Thats awsome thanks for posting!!!
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

All your dogs are show dogs.. I can see that it would be a lot of work and yet fun for you..but is it hard to find the right homes and do you make them sign an agreement if they arent going to show to have them nutered or spayed?

Glad you posted this. People just don't take the time to realize what and all goes into breeding to better the breed not just to have cute little puppies.

I for one could never breed. Like with your recent litter, loosing 4 of them...don't think I could handle it.
    My hats off to you!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Thank god you posted this. I don't understand why it doesn't just get through some peoples' heads!
    BTW, I have not been able to get on my home computer to send you the new ad, but it is done and I should be able to tonight.

Niño & Eliza

Thank you for posting this! Even if justone person learns from this it is worth it.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

What makes me sick to my stomach, is alot of people think there dog is a purebred then that is a "good enough to breed"
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

BRAVO!!! that is wonderful! i wish everyone that "bred dogs" looked at it from this point!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Kudos to you! Your dogs are so beautiful, they reflect all the love you put into them! Sherman's breeders are like you - they do this from love for the breed, and feel a life-long committment to the lives they bring into this world. I know my Sherman will always have a loving home to go to, if anything happened to the rest of us. Through them I've learned why its important to buy from professional breeders.*

*hint* and it's not about making money!

that was very nice
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~