Thread: Can anyone help me

Can anyone help me

Hello...

I am new here....I just picked up a dog from my local shelter and it appears to be a BullBoxer......a Boxer/ Pit Mix......does anyone have one of these and if so can you offer any input to what you have found with the dog.....He seems to be about as sweet as they come but it is to early to tell.

A dog's temperment and attitude usually comes with how they were raised and trained! If you train the dog properly he should be fine.

facebook

Thank you....I am aware it is all in the way a dog is raised and how it is treated....I was unaware that there is a proposed breed like this and I know there are those who do not like it. ( I wonder how they think the dogs of today came into being). But I was hoping to find someone who had a mix like this and their experience , what I read was that were bit calmer than a boxer and bit more easy going than a pit. not sure how accurate this really is.

Hi and welcome to Pet Talk!
    there is some information about Bullboxer on this link:
    http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/bullboxer.htm

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

Cross breeds can be deciving, they are not always 1/2 and 1/2 in temperament.

Niņo & Eliza

Both are very high energy breeds and very people friendly. And what do you mean by more easy going than a Pit?

Temperament isn't just determined by how a dog is raised or treated, temperament is first established by genetics. A dog with a very stable temperament can take a life of abuse and still be a loving angel, it's the unstable dogs you have to worry about. No amount of love can fix a dog that is screwed up in the head from birth. However if this dog you adopted is an adult, the temperament is already established so what you see is what you get unlike with a puppy where you have to wait and see.

Do some research on both breeds, that way you'll have an idea of what to expect because no two mixed breeds are alike. Can you post a pic of your new pup, which BTW, congradulations on adopting a rescue!
    Love is Adoptable. Adopt a Pit Bull.

Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Animals Die.

If Pit Bulls are outlawed, only outlaws will have Pit Bulls.