Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do your dogs have toys all over the house?

Do your dogs have toys all over the house?

My fur kids have so many toys laying around. I stepped on one of their bones this morning. I went sliding, I thought I was going to do the splits for a minute. I tripped over Ebony's tire biter on the way into the computer room. I need to teach those fur kids of mine to pick up their toys when they are done. This is a pretty pointless post. Lol.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Yep, even worse- with Kiara's tennis ball addiction, she has atleast 3-4 in each room. Now THOSE will make you either trip or slide! If you stay in once place too long she'll have a whole pile around you.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Oh boy do mine. I think they just like getting the toys out because they like digging through the basket, they have no interest in the toys themselves LOL

I'm constantly picking up after them. I wish I could teach Jamie to clean up!

facebook

Yes! I know how you feel

The pups have a couple "toy boxes". Everyday, I usually leave out a few favorite toys and put the rest in the boxes, but then they decide that the ones I put away are NEW favorites! They then drag them back out and forget about them, again

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

YES! They are everywhere... in every room, even the bathroom.
    At night I step on them all the time and scream, especially if it's a bone.
    I wish the children would pick up after themselves!

Yep! And we have two toy boxes, one downstairs and one upstairs. Usually Nova decides that she wants whatever is at the bottom of the box. And she always knows exactly which toy she wants, and she won't accept another one. Then she'll play with it for a minute, get bored, and go find another toy.

Bubba drags his toys all over the house...mostly little stuffed animals...its cute its like having a toddler in the house again.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

How funny! The same thing happens to me at night. One night I got up they have a flashy ball, I kicked that thing it started flashing. It made me scream. I try to pick up the toys now before I go to bed, Those things can be deadly weapons in the middle of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom
    YES! They are everywhere... in every room, even the bathroom.
    At night I step on them all the time and scream, especially if it's a bone.
    I wish the children would pick up after themselves!

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Oh yes, we've got toys all over the place. Most of it is caused by Kaige.

I try to pick them but you know how it goes, 3 toys go in the toybox and 4 come back out.

Sometimes at night on the way to bed I give up & just kick them to the edges of the rooms. At least they are less likely to be stepped on there.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

My roomate would agree that at night toys are deadly weapons.....she has to be at work at 4:00 am and had just turned out the light to leave...she hit she thinks one of the "kids" balls with her foot, went flying, she would have caught herself if Bear hadn't been laying in the way, so then she tripped over him, and caught her shoulder on the wall. I really wish I'd been up with a camera... Good news is no harm done to the toy or Bear and the knee she'd injured the day before which was swollen and sore popped back into place during this "incident" and was fine. She promised the pups a burger for saving her a trip to the Dr.

OMG! You'd think I had a 2 year old. Balls, squeaky things, bones, stuffed toys, you name it. It's been particularly entertaining (for lack of a better word) now that I have to go the bathroom 3-4 times a night. Let me see if I can give you an mental audio picture.

2 am
    Me: Ouch, move off my feet, Sammy, Maggy don't attack Sammy, then a ching a ling from Payton's collar. A nice big UGHHH from me getting my fat butt out of bed, then SQUEEEEEEEAAAK! Thump, Maggy dives off the bed to see what I steped on. Once she finds it, more squeaky squeaky squeaky. Sammy now wants to eat, so I get MEOW, MEOW, MEOW. Mind you, I still haven't gone to the bathroom. Creek, creek goes our floor, then a different squeak from another toy.

You get the idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

Yep, Grant takes them all out and he never puts them back....boys will be boys, LOL. I am always picking them up but he has decided he likes them best all over the house.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Of corse they do!!!! Lol even worse we try to keep them in a basket in their bedroom but they always seem to travel threw the house!! I wonder who could have ton that.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

There are always doggie toys downstairs! Bijou loves digging through her toy bin to find her "favorite toy of the day" so I just keep picking them all up and putting them back in, only to find myself doing the very same thing 30 minutes later.

And Lobodeb, I do have a two-year-old (and a 3-1/2 year old, and a 5-1/2 year old, and a 10-year old, and a 12-year old!) and let me assure you, toys are a constant presence with kids and pets, lol. In fact, many of the kids' toys and Bijou's toys could be interchangable, except for the fact most of my kids have grown out of chewing on rubber Best wishes with the remainder of your pregnancy!

Quote Originally Posted by tricollie4me
    Best wishes with the remainder of your pregnancy!

Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes