Thread: This is Intriguing, Very Expensive, But Kind of Cool!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

This is Intriguing, Very Expensive, But Kind of Cool!

http://www.lifegem.com/secondary/bel..._main2006.aspx
    Not sure it's anything I would be willing to do, but it's an unusual way of memorializing pets, family members etc. Not to mention...$$$$$$$$$
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Yup they have these for humans, too. I can't imagine how they can make a REAL diamond though because I heard they weren't able to do that. Ah well anyways that's a nice concept but you're right - wayyy out of my price range

facebook

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    It's wonderful, I'd do it. But, I'd have to do a lot of research to make sure that the ashes I sent were actually being used, that it was a legitimate business, etc. Are they genuine diamonds, I wonder.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I don't know, I find it kind of odd. And I don't wear rings anyways. I'd rather have their ashes in an urn and ... plant a tree or something for them. I made a scrapbook for Buttons, and planted a tree for Retread.

I almost fell over when I saw the prices!! I would also rather have Casey's ashes in his little special box complete with a white hanky (thanks to a PTer) and my Nanny's rosary beads.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

That is cool but the price is not. I can't imagine they are real diamonds as I thought only the Earth could produce diamonds, I would definitely research it more if I ever did that.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Quote Originally Posted by gemini9961
    That is cool but the price is not. I can't imagine they are real diamonds as I thought only the Earth could produce diamonds, I would definitely research it more if I ever did that.
    See that's what I thought too, I didn't think it was humanly or scientifically possible to produce the heat and pressure needed to simulate thousands and thousands of years needed to create a real diamond. If you find anything PLEASE share!!

facebook

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    I think they should be saying they are synthetic stones, as they are being created in a lab setting.They've been doing that for years now, and people do think of them as 'real' diamonds, rubies, sapphires...etc. I'm curious as to how some are shades of blue, and others yellow? And how is anyone to know the ashes of their loved ones are actually being used for these? Some of the pieces are gorgeous, but only affordable to the rich I guess. And a morbid thought crossed my mind...what if it were stolen?
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I think that it really neat. I'd do it. It's too expensive to do for a pet, though I love them like a child, I don't have that kind of money. If my husband or human child were to die I think that'd be something I would definitely be interested in doing.

I'd of corse first have to be sure it was indeed a ligament company. It does appear to be ligament, here is an article about the process.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Thats really cool! From my past of reading up on stones, the different colors come from different chemicals included in the diamond... so the yellow might have one element added, while the blue wuld have another. I forget wqhich they are, smething like zinc being present in one, not in another to create the different colors.

I would love to have this done for the kids -- but not at those prices. Their Nan passed away a few years ago and have nothing to remember her but hteir own memories. She was so vital and important in their lives.... and we have not figured out what to do with her ashes. We just knew it had to be as special as she was. Darnnit, I wish we weren't poor and struggling right now.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by KBlaix
    here is an article about the process.

Thanks for posting that. It does sound legitimate. I don't know, though. I think it's a wonderful idea, and, from what the article says, diamonds have been created in labs for years. I'd have to read that in several places before I'd take it for the truth. But, it does sound like it's not only possible to create diamonds, but, that it's not a "new" thing, either. Something with a little time behind it is always nice. It's not something I could afford, ever, unless I win the lottery or something. But, I think it's very nice.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I think that I would much rather rescue a Porchie,and have him cleaned up,and give a Cat a second chance,in my Cats honor.
    I think that they would appreciate that more than a piece of jewellery.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS