Thread: Cat short story

Cat short story

I just read the most recent collection of short stories by T.C. Boyle. The title of the collection is *Tooth and Claw* and the title story is about a man who "wins" a serval cat in a bet at a bar. It's a fine little story - and a cautionary tale about why you don't "own" wild cats. Just a remark in case there are other avid readers here.

Quote Originally Posted by Beauty17
    I just read the most recent collection of short stories by T.C. Boyle. The title of the collection is *Tooth and Claw* and the title story is about a man who "wins" a serval cat in a bet at a bar. It's a fine little story - and a cautionary tale about why you don't "own" wild cats. Just a remark in case there are other avid readers here.

This sounds like a nice book, I wonder if it is available in Australia. Could you tell me who published it please?
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)

I post from work, and I have a poor memory, so I can't say the publisher - I got the book from a library. The author is quite celebrated in the US, but I don't know about his international acclaim. My guess is that he would be known.

Quote Originally Posted by Beauty17
    I post from work, and I have a poor memory, so I can't say the publisher - I got the book from a library. The author is quite celebrated in the US, but I don't know about his international acclaim. My guess is that he would be known.
    Thank you
    I'll see if my local library can trace it
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)

Interesting

I have been thinking about getting serval, there are a few breeders in canada, but I am a little timid of what I might be getting myself into, so what was the oucome???????