Thread: Costume help -- Please read.

Costume help -- Please read.

Going to a Halloween party tomorrow night, and the theme is pirates. I went out and bought a bandana/eye patch/ear ring set (cut the hair off the bandana ) and got an old shirt of my dad's and put a belt around the waist. (pics posted) You can't see in the pics, but I rolled my jeans up a little (cause I don't have any I can cut)

What I'm wondering is...should I cut the sleeves of the shirt? Like a tank top like..or should I leave it...should I cut the collar off?? Change anything?? I have no idea what pirates are suppose to look like..help is appreciated

(sorry the pics are blurry...I had to make the cam focus on me upclose so I could get it to take with a timer...)

(edit)please ignore that oogly tard in the pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4266.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	24584   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4267.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	24585  

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Thanks, that helps!

I feel cheesy with my crappy costume now haha

Oh don't hehe. My sister was a pirate last year and wore almost the identical costume as you. I didn't see her in person though my youngest sister is being a pirate THIS year and is wearing my sister's costume from last year... she just went to the goodwill and bought a bunch of stuff. hehe.

facebook

Lmao, Audrey, I love your costume. I think it's perfect if you act exactly like that as in the pictures. And go "ARRGGHHH!!!!" Hehe, those pictures made my day.

I think cutting the sleeves would look... odd... If you cut the collar off on that shirt, it'd be weird too, but if it wasn't so dressy of a shirt (without the buttons and the look of it being just ironed) I'd say go for it. I wish I could think of the fabric name, but we used it in a musical.. but the point is.. with THAT shirt, leave it as is.
    ~Sara, Daisy, Jessie, Jake, & Jackson

<3 Gone but never forgotten <3
    {Benjamin, Russell, Chester, Dexter, George Harrison, & Leeroy} {O.D.} {Trey} {John-Paul & Earl}

Thanks, good point!

My dad has a stuffed parrot from the monty python skit with thedead parrot...so it's a stuffed parrot, with x's in it's eyes and it's tounge hanging out...as a joke, I thought I'd pin it to my shirt on my shoulder

It looks like a mighty fine outfit Audrey . Love the parrot idea. I too am going to a fancy dress party as a pirate tonight, one thing i forgot to get was a sword lol.

Have a great time.