Thread: Springer Bike Leash

Springer Bike Leash

Do any of you have this: www.springerusa.com I bought it some time ago and have struggeled to put the darn thing together!! Any advice? I just cannot wait for my Pandy Sue to run while I peddle around the neighborhood. ahhahaah

It's a PAIN to try to put together. HELP!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I haven't, but, I know a couple of folks on here have gotten that one or the bikerdog one. I want to, though, so, I'm intersted in hearing if anyone has any responses to this!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

No specific help, sorry! I bought one for my hubby last summer and he thought it was a bit of a hassle to put together; however, he laid everything out and followed each step as best he could (not something he normally does -- he usually just starts a project based on his instincts and then finds himself in trouble, lol!). What he did do is opt to skip the permanent gluing part -- Bijou is 45 lbs and though a puller at times on-leash, completely safe and manageable with the Springer even without the glue.

Hang in there -- maybe you can email the folks at Springer regarding some of the steps that are giving you trouble? Good luck.

Re Bikerdog -- I actually tried to buy one of these first, before I purchased the Springer, because I heard it was easier to put the Bikerdog on the bike than a Springer. However, Bikerdog is evidently a very small operation and the creater/owner was leaving town for a month and couldn't fill my order! Needless to say, I chose Springer because not only did I want a product I could count on, but I wanted a company I could turn to in case I had questions, or problems, or whatever. Just my experience -- I'm sure others have had good experiences with Bikerdog
    Last edited by tricollie4me; 10-28-2005 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Edited to add more information

Did you read the assembly

http://www.springerusa.com/assembly.html, Im sure you did, just wondering,

ahahah Of course I read the assebly! The pics make it look sooooooo easy. It's a pain!!

Im sorry..

I couldnt help asking,I knew you di..lol..

7. I know how you feel.

though we dont have one of those or anything like it..
    we have bought somethings that were supposed to be 'easy' to assemble and they were not. LOL

*huggies*
    just hang in there.