Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have Something to tell everyone...

I have Something to tell everyone...

Well, We had to give Max away. We came to a conclusion that 2 acers is not that much room for a big St. Bernard mix like Max. He started to get bored and chewed up out downspout, connected to our gutters. That's leeking now. He also tore the vent that goes to our Dryer right off the side of the house.
    I did not want to do this, It was more my parents they got fed up with him. Our lives are so crazy right now.
    But now, Max is on a farm with 10 acers, with a lot of other dogs. He is in a better place.

I just did not know how to tell you all. I'm so afraid that everyone is going to think I'm a bad Pet-owner now. I don't want you all to think that. This was the best thing for Max.

I hope everyone understands

-Sarah

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

I understand.That was best for MAX.I bet he loves all that room to play and has lots of friends to play with!!!!!!

Of course we're not going to think you're a bad pet owner if you did what you think was best for Max!! I know sometimes doing the right thing is a very hard and tough choice, but I hope he is happy in his new home and I'm sure he knows you loved him very much!!

facebook

im sorry. I'm sure he knows you love him very much.But you knew what was best for him. I hope he's enjoying his new home with lots of new buddies.
    {{{hugs}}}

You do what is best for those you love even if it hurts..Glad hes on such a big place , he will have a great time there..sorry I know you will miss him.

of course we don't think you're a bad pet owner. being able to give up a pet to better it's life means you are a great pet owner.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I'm really sorry, Sarah. You're not a bad pet owner when you're doing what's right. Hopefully he's very happy in his new home.

Of course your not a bad mommy! You did what was best for Max, and I am sure he is happier now with more friends to play with and more room to run. You did what was right, you are an AWSOME mom.
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Quote Originally Posted by lute
    of course we don't think you're a bad pet owner. being able to give up a pet to better it's life means you are a great pet owner.
    Well said!

Good luck in your forever home Max!
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I know this was a hard decision for you, but it sounds like a very smart decision to me. Hope Max will be very happy in his new, spacious home!!!!

You did what was most important and that was doing was is best for him!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Wish there were more like you! You put Max's best interests first so you are a top-class, #1, super Pet Owner! Well done
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Responsiblity is tough but you did the right thing!

If more people would find a good home for the pet that is not suited for them, there wouldn't be a shelter issue. Well, maybe that would help the shelter issue.

You and your family did the right thing. As long as the dog is happy and you are no longer frustrated with it, then it worked out for the better!

Big dogs can be lots of trouble.

I don't think you are a bad pet owner at all. In fact, I think that you did a good deed to Max. You helped him to get a life that he deserves. I know it hurts to give away a pup, but time will heal. I hope you still get to hear about Max.

I understand. And If someone doesn't then that is just wrong. She HAD to. He was causing too much trouble. I know I am new here, but I do know what it feels like to have to give away a beloved to that you and lots of other people love, and then be blamed for sending him to where he should be.