Thread: A fat AND skinny Cat Diet?

A fat AND skinny Cat Diet?

Well, I have posted before of my parents cat Autumn (we had urination problems..) Well, now, she is getting obese(sp?), and we can't limit her amount of food, because the other kitty, Peek-a-Boo, would shrivel up to nothing, she is all ready under-weight, with food available 24/7. Does anyone have any ideas for a fat and skinny cats?

Thanks!-
    Steph (Boo and Autumn too!)

My suggestion would be to not leave food out 24/7 but to instead feed them in separate rooms. You don't necessarily have to buy a new formula of food, just adjust their portions accordingly. Otherwise there isn't really any other suggestions except feeding them once or twice a day, in separate rooms. What they don't eat put back until the second feeding later in the day. They'll soon get used to their new feeding schedule

facebook

Okay..Sometimes I can be so blind! That was so obvious, how dumb of me lol!

Thanks a bunch! I hope that this works..in case this plan backfires for some weird reason, any other suggestions?

Steph, Jesse, and Splinter

We had the same problem when Inka was still a kitten. She got kitten food then, and was allowed to eat as much as she wanted. The problem was that Maya was overweight then, and on a diet for that . We solved the problem by giving the food zeperately. As Inka cannot climb on the kitchen counter (she is disabled), we decided to put Maya's food there. Inka got her food on the kitchen floor, and we took it away after 5 minutes. She soon learned that if she didn't eat when she got food, she had to eat it right away. This way there were NO leftovers for Maya to "steal" . I also gave Inka some extra food every time I was alone in the kitchen with her, while lazy Maya was napping
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

How is Inka disabled? Can you pm me on that please

Okay, that solves my worries with Boo then! Thank you so much!

Steph, Boo, and Autumn