Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has your dog got renamed?

Nanook & Raustyk were shelter dogs. Nanook's previous name was unkown as he was found as a stray and the shelternever technically named him but they did call him something, I can't remember what it was.
    Raustyk well I was her 5th home, she was 6 months old. She had a different name with each owner.

Edited to add that Kaige's breeder called him Red. lol

2 of my ferrets were also rescues, Skeet's name was changed to Skeetster & Biggie's name was changed to Biggie Smalls (because she was not that big lol).

I have never personally named an animal then changed the name. But a few times I would call an animal a few different names for the first few days. This helped me find a name that I liked, that the animal liked & one that would suit the animal too.
    Last edited by lv4dogs; 10-25-2005 at 11:07 AM.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Sierra was something like Kirra. (with a rolling "R" )
    Buddy was Barry when I adopted him.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I spend an enormous amount of time choosing a name, so once I decide, that's it. Course they do end up with an endless number of nicknames, but the original name is still their official name.

They did have previous names from the breeder though. I can't for the life of me remember Murph's, but for the others:

Oz was a Cosmo
    Gulliver was a Lee
    Madison was a Trudy

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Finn's name has always been Finn. From day one. It's been a name I've always liked, and, I always knew if it fit the dog I got, that's what his name would be. And, it totally fits Finn. The only other names that have come up as possible options for Finn have been Freight or Train, because that's what he is.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom
    The only other names that have come up as possible options for Finn have been Freight or Train, because that's what he is.
    There's a lab that comes in to be bathed sometimes named Train, it's cute.

All of the dogs I have we've had (or in Syd's case, my sister had) since puppies. I don't think Nebo was called anything before I got him. They called Reggie Scooter. Sydney had a name as a pup too I think it was Dolly.

From Gigolo to Rex

Rex was named Gigolo by his first owner. I changed his name first thing after adopting him last year.

Rosana
    and Rex (GSD, 4 yo)

Enclosed: Rex pic
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yup; Charlie's name was originally Mikey. But it just didn't "fit" him lol (not to mention we had a friend named Mike that HJ called Mikey haha).

Jamie though was named by HJ before I'd even seen her or picked her up! Her previous owner had her named Arizona which was beautiful and I would have kept it, except Jamie was HJ's and he was so set on naming her Jamie hehe

facebook

Mika was Sydney when I rescued her, she never responded to it and it was too close to "sit" (which she didn't respond to either!) She knew and responded to Mika within 2 days.

Chloe was Allie for the 2 days she was in the shelter. I don't think she had another name before that. She still doesn't respond to it, unless we're inside the house.

Mine where named when i got them. I did change them when they come home but never changed after that .

Cheyanne was Monica when i got her then i changed it to Cheyanne

Denver was Kato then brought him home and so started my city theme changed to Denver

Aspen was domino when brought him home changed to Aspen

Phoenix was BJ brought him home and is now Phoenix

The 2 cats did'nt have names when i brought them home so they stayed the same : )

Nope, we got Holly when she was 11 weeks old, and we were the first to name her.