Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This makes me sick......

This makes me sick......

This totally makes me sick to my stomach.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=1231684&page=1
    On my Yahoo browser it let me watch the whole segment from the show but I am not sure if you can do this from this site.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Unfortunately, I can't bring it up. What's it about or do I dare ask??

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thats just horrible I can't even come up with something to say right now

It is a story I have seen all over the national media, twin blonde-blue-eyed teenage girls, 13 or 14, who have records and do concerts promoting white supremacy. They are homeschooled, in California, by white-supremacist parents.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I haven't seen these girls specifically, and, don't need or care to, but, I did see a program once on tv about a community that held those beliefs and they had little toddlers performing and singing about it. And, it was just scary to hear what they thought about things. I don't know that I have a problem with them feeling how they feel (even though I completely feel as opposite as you can get), but, I just wonder if it will ever be commonplace and out in the open, and, how many crimes are committed because of those beliefs. It makes me so sad to think that there are so many people that share those beliefs. I don't have a problem with not wanting to marry and have children with someone who isn't within your race, even though I'd marry any race if I fell in love with them. And, expressing your opinion is one thing, but, telling other people that their's is wrong is wrong. And, I wonder how polite they are when expressing their opinion, and, how vocal and/or physical they are about it. Blech, this is such a touchy subject, I just hope it doesn't get a lot bigger than it is, but, I have a bad feeling it will. My quote in my signature speaks loud and clear...The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

So sad. I can't understand racism, and I guess I never will. The fact that anyone thinks that they are better than anyone else makes me so

Was this the segment about the white supremicist twins that sing racist songs??? I saw that. That's despicable. Those parents should have those kids taken away!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

yes Donna that's what it was about. Normally I stay away from controversy and the dog house period but this was too much for even me!

try www.google.com
    with singers lamb lynx gaede
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

A "home-schooling stay-at-home mom" who is no longer living with the father of the two girls.

On what does she live??????

thats disgusting. being rascist is a waste of time. its really offensive to be and i take it personally because although im white, my family also has black and mexican people in it!
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

And what is so special about being white anyway? I can't stand racists. There's no difference between people of different skin color. Sheesh. We're all human beings, all have the same feelings, and are all equal no matter what our color. I totally can't stand racists. What if THEY were born into a family of another color? Is being white something THEY decided at birth? Ugh...I hate such individuals. I hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    Those parents should have those kids taken away!!
    I agree that this is sick and I feel sorry for the two young girls, but fortunately - or unfortunately depending on how you see it - we live in a free country where we are free to teach our kids our values, whether the rest of the country agrees with them or not.

The thing I hate the most about hate and racism is when you see these values passed on to the kids. These kids are blank slates when they are born and learn their values from those around them. Hopefully, as these girls mature, they will see the error of their ways. In the meantime, it's up to the rest of us to make sure that our kids (or those we come in contact with for those of us who don't have kids) learn how wrong hate and racism is.

I feel like cocker_luva that hatred and racism is a waste of time. Just think of all the good that could be done in the world if all that hate was redirected. It's sad, just sad, but they do have the right to believe what they do.

**Edit** PS - Sara, good to see you in the Dog House again.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

T&P you took the words right out of my mind.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

These sad, misguided folks probably think of themselves as Christians too.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Liz,

Hold onto your socks......

For a change I agree with you. In the army, racism is not allowed to rear its ugly head, and when it does, it is eliminated as soon as possible. If you are a member of an extremist group and it comes up in a background check you are liable to be discharged immediately unless your commander thinks there's a damned good reason to keep you around.

Last time I checked, it's less than one percent of the genome that separates us. There's only one race, the human race, and we're all the same damned color on the inside.