Thread: Agressive Cat

Agressive Cat

Hello everyone, I have not been in here for awhile to post anything, but have been keeping up on everyone else. I have a problem with my 2 yr old spayed female. She attacks me, only me and no one else, I am sitting watching TV or just at the computer and she literally grabs my leg, arm, hand or whatever she can and bites me very hard. I had a bite this morning on my leg that was bleeding, and she knew she had done something wrong.
    When I go to work, she bites me and shows me her displeasure at me leaving her. I have used a spray bottle of water, newspaper to lightly smack the table or floor in front of her, and I have run out of ideas. I tell her she is a bad kitty and in the next few minutes she is at my feet rubbing my legs, purring, meowing and wanting attention.
    I give here lots of attention and love, buy her toys everytime I got out for the whole day, she has never been a lap cat or one that loves being held. I respect that but this behaviour is getting to me, I love her dearly, she is my baby, but I am getting tired of the biting. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Lilbits Mom

Hello Lilbits Mom I am sorry I don't have any advice for you. But hugs to you and your little biter I know you must be frustrated, I hope someone has a voice of experience for you.

your biter

i know this sounds weird but it worked with one of mine. Act like your going to bite her back. It may just freak her out enough to make her think twice. And if that doesnt work work up your nerve and bite her on the ear. Not really hard just enough to show her hey that hurts. Or you could put on a thick glove on and let her go to town maybe she wont do it for the reat of the day.

hi,how are you and youre furry pal doing?

Hi,how are you and youre furry pal doing?I agree with brunette165.I had a female cat that did that,she got all kinds of atention.And still did that and I had to bite on her ear lightly.And after that she stoped biten.Best of luck to you.

Blog Entries

Lilbits aggression

I am not an expert but did find some information you can read.

1) http://cats.about.com/cs/behaviorali...bite_scrat.htm

2) http://www.perfectpaws.com/agg.html

If you google "domestic feline aggression problems" there are many sites with information.

Hang in there for Lilbits sake. Don't give up on your pussycat because you will figure out her 'trigger' and solve the problem.

Biting her ear: Hmmmm. I think if someone bit my ear it would just make me more aggressive because I would interprete it as an act of aggression or a challenge. Lilbits might feel that way too.

Wish I had an instant solution for Lilbits' aggression.

Susan

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

My calico, Puddy, was a biter in the beginning and even now, once in a while, she'll be sitting next to me on the sofa and she'll take a little nip, usually on my forearm. I take a finger and lightly tap her on the nose when she does that and say "NO!" loud and clear! Pud is my fav and she knows it and she's been to hell and back w/renal failure. But I still won't let her get away w/any of that stuff. She's 12 now and doesn't do it very often but when she does, she gets it on the nose.

Blessings,
    Mary

Cat Attack!

http://www.catcaresociety.org/ I'm just the opposite of Medusa; I tend to favor the fine passive art of distraction to try to curb my cats aggression. Its similar to an adult distracting restless or disruptive behavior is some kids by showing them another toy. My girlfriends cat,Frasier always attacks our feet when we're wearing socks...he's got a sock fetish. Whenever he does this I usually reach down and give him pets while I slide my foot away. On the other hand my cat,Yikes is prone to beneath the covers and blankets attacks and these can be hilarious yet...concerning. When he does this I just reach down and scoop him up and give him lovins....works maybe 50% of the time. My alpha male cat Satchmo displays aggression toward the other cats and I've issued vocal warnings to him yet again I 'll do this and follow up with lovin scratchies. My thing is; I don't want to break their spirit. Maybe this helps/maybe not. My son once told me, "Cats are cats"! Some just come with more natural aggression than others. Her other cat,Niles is always mellow and laid back. My other cat Rollins only shows aggression when he's playing...he plays all-out/kin'dve rough. Anyway heres a fast list of "cat distractors" I use: lovins,catnip,dangling or tossing toy mousies,more lovins,making looptey-loops with the foxtail,cat treats. Good luck!

A light finger tap on the nose will hardly break a cat's spirit, especially Puddy's. The thought of that is hilarious! Nothing breaks that cat's spirit! But I get your point. Hey, whatever works, as long as it isn't violent or done w/malicious intent.

Blessings,
    Mary