Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pain?

Pain?

I have pain underneath the ribs on my left side. It only hurts if I move the wrong way and it's kind of a burning pain.

Does anyone have any ideas what it might be? It's not horrible, but it's bad enough to get my attention.

Have you done any strenuous activities recently. I had a really burning in my side after playing two hours of volleyball one night.

Could it be a kidney infection? Are you drinking alot of caffines. I know when I have a kidney infection it makes my lower back and my sides hurt.

Pain Stinks, I hope you get feeling better.

Quote Originally Posted by katienoonan
    Have you done any strenuous activities recently.
    Me? Strenuous? Never.

it's on the right, not the left. sorry. It's right underneath where the ribs separate in the front.

sounds like heartburn???

Sounds like heartburn to me too. Lay off the coffee and spices maybe.

Maybe a strained muscle?
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I didn't want to say anything but it could be gas too. I went to the ER one time because I was having very bad pains they said it was gas after doing many many tests on me. I thought I was having appendix(sp) pains.

Might be your gallbladder. If the pain gets worse, you'd better get to the doctor.

Sounds exactly like the pain my SIL had recently . . . she had to have hers removed.
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Ooh, sorry to hear that. I thought of appendix too, but it sounds like it may be too high. I agree with Christa, if the pain gets worse or if it is still there tomorrow you should see a doctor. Hope you are feeling better.

Coming from the heartburn queen, I would say that is what is ailing you. I do advise you to see a doctor if it doesn't subside within a reasonable amount of time.

I am also a heartburn sufferer having Gastric reflux disease, for me personally the burning sensation is not where you describe at all, mine is in the middle, it sounds more like a gallbladder thing to me,(i cannot remember which side it is for sure though) but I think it is the right if my memory does not fail me ,appendix is way lower down I think, but you should really just go to a Doctor and find out for sure, if you think it is heartburn try some over the counter antacids, if it does not improve , then it is not that or more like GRD which does not respond to antacids,hope you feel better soon, pain is not a nice experience.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Acid reflux or heartburn or gas. Try Pepcid or some other OTC. Are you eating something unusual? That'll be $75. I don't take insurance.

I've been Boooo'd!

The check is in the mail.

Carole, it doesn't feel like heartburn to me either, but anything's possible I guess.

I always thought a bad gallbladder came with other symptoms.

Your gallbladder is in the middle and sounds like its higher than where your pain is.

Does your pain get worse or better after eating?? (yes = is an organ issue)

If it hurts when you move, not when eating or laying down, it sounds like you've injured something...or it could be gas pain.

Do you ever have any reflux symptoms??

If it extends past the weekend, I'd suggest a trip to your doc's office as well.

Hope you feel better soon!

Hugs, Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...