View Poll Results: Does your Catahoula...........

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • grumble/talk/mumble

2 28.57%
  • hates to be restained on leash, lead. etc.

0 0%
  • protective/possessive of human

1 14.29%
  • extremely independent

4 57.14%

Thread: My 2 losses, too much to handle :(

Post My 2 losses, too much to handle :(

I only have a few "people" in my life, I am disabled with MS and 27.

My husband is always there for me, as was his father. My other loves of my life are my furbabies, I have 4 rescues I fell in love with and adopted, and my Buddy was number 5 of our pack. He was a Catahoula I guess, he was abused a few years ago by some kids on summer break that were bored and decided to tie a rope around his neck and drag him around a trailer park tied to a motorcycle. His chest was raw and worn, and was dumped off out our local pound in Ohio I was volunteering at the time. I begged them to let me fix him up and find him a home. Well, I did get him as good as new, and 6 months later he came home with me. My husband and I loved him more than words. he was 6 years old now, and was hit by a speeding car on Sunday at 7:33PM. We did CPR on the way to the em. vet but his heart stopped halfway there. I pray he knew we were trying to save him---- and I pray that he knows how dearly he is missed, loved, and cherished. My father in law, whom loved Buddy as much as we did, passed on this afternoon (osteomylitis/septsis, UTI, pnemonia, heart failure, etc. etc. etc.) We cannot explain our hurt, loss, pain, and overall sick feeling at this time. I have not slept since Sunday when Buddy died, and now my father is gone. I just needed to let my feelings out, this site is wonderful. Am I the only one, or do other people realize that Catahoula dogs are, um, rather unique, intellectual, and have human-like qualities??? I have rescued over 600 dogs in the past few years, and I have never, ever ever met anyone like my Buddy, my furbaby. I cannot wait to see you again someday, please watch over grandpa, daddy and mommy until we see you again.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I am so sorry to hear about your losses. I just lost my male Swiss Mt. Dog, Dale, this past year ( a few months ago), and I know how devastating it can be...he died suddenly (due to bloat). It was certainly hard to deal with. (((HUGS))) to you and your husband. I am sorry for your father in laws passing as well. Life can just be really hard at times...stick close to family and friends and the furkids (and especially God, if you believe in Him) during these times and hopefully it will make the road ahead easier

Your attachment, since it is small, looks so much like a Swiss Mt. Dog...being tri-colored...I am guessing if it was a large attachment, I wouldn't think that...but I had to do a double take!

To lose them both so close together must be incredibly hard. Have you heard the Rainbow Bridge story? It is an old Norse myth that might bring you some comfort to read it now, and picture them there, together.

There's a version of it here: http://www.rainbowbridge.org/

You're in our prayers. Buddy was obviously your "heart dog," and will always be there, curled up in a corner of your heart, for the times you most need him.

Smile thank you.................

thank you for your sweet kind words........... Yes the rainbow bridge is very comforting. Esp. now that Buddy, who past last week, was waiting for his grandpa, who passed 2 days ago. They are now together, in peace, free to run, free from pain, mistreatment, the cruelty of this earthy world. I can only imagine how happy they are to be reunited in spirit for eternity!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My heart is breaking for you and tears are streaming down my face. Such loss is almost unphatomable and inexplicable I wish there were words to comfort you. I know firsthand how difficult a time this is. Several months ago I too lost my father, 6 days later my brother, the last two remaining members of my family. A few months later, I lost suddently, my beloved Husky Cody. I wish I had an answer for you, for me; some explaination for why someone as kind and caring and loving and selfless such as yourself should have to endure such sorrow pain, but I don't But perhaps you will find some comfort as I did, in the knowledge that our loved ones, furry and human, left this earth knowing how very loved and cherished they were and are, and that one day, we WILL be reunited in love. You must believe that. It is what has kept me going. My deepest, most heartfelt sympathies to you. Hold tight to your husband, to your furry ones and remember, your loved ones are not only looking after each other in heaven but looking down upon you as well, sending your their love and strength to help guide you on your earthly journey. And God bless you for providing comfort, safety and love to those in such need, so many deserving creatures, in spite of your own challenges and God bless your beloved Buddy, your dear father in law.

{{{HUGS}}}

Love,
    Sandra

I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine how hard it is to deal with so much heartbreak in such a short period of time. All I can offer is my sincere sympathy and virtual {{{Hugs}}}. Please stay with us. Feel free to share your feelings as they emerge. We will be here to listen to you and offer whatever small comfort we can. Buddy was truly a loved member of the family, never doubt that he knew that and returned that love tenfold. He will be waiting for you at the bridge with a wagging tail and loving heart. {{{Hugs}}}

I am so very sorry to hear of your tragic blows to the heart. There are no words to comfort. May time heal the holes.

Unhappy Im so sorry,

Im so sorry.
    Having lost some of our babies, and family members I know your in pain.
    Life is so cruel to us sometimes. My heart aches for you.
    I found this poem to share with you.
    If I should go tomorrow, it would never be goodbye.
    For I have left my heart with you, so dont you ever cry.
    The love thats deep within me, shall reach you from the stars.
    You'll feel it from the heavens, and it will heal your scars.
    unknown...

Please know that were all here for you at Pet Talk.
    Im sending prayers your way. And again Im so sorry for your losses.
    just me

Unhappy Im so sorry

Losing love ones are never easy. I understand exactly how you feel. I lost a good friend from cancer and then 4 months later my best friend. I know buddy and your father in law are watching over you. Your wonderful for rescuing those less fortunate. God Bless you Hun.

~Jenn~

P.s I am sure your buddy and my cc are playing together pain free at rainbow bridge.

I am so very sorry. I know at times it feels like it is just too much to take. Buddy sounds like a very special companion. I hope that as time passes, your wonderful memories of the time with him will come flooding back to you.
    He and your father in law are together. It is a comforting feeling to know that they are not alone.

God bless you.
    Logan

I'm really sorry about your loss. I know how you must have felt .(((hugs)))

Thanks Devon (flamepony12) for the
    Sig!