Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.

My Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.

September 1991-October 2005
    A tribute to my Katie girl.

It's been a week now since I had to make the painful decision to let my Katie, Katie Pretty Lady go in Peace.

In October of 1991 we decided to get another cat as a companion for our C-Fer who was missing the loss of his friend Mittens. We found a rescue orgainization that a woman ran out of her home.

I was sitting in the kitchen talking to the woman while hubby and the boys went with another woman to find a new kitty. While sitting there, this tabby jumped up on the table and layed right down in front of me. The woman said, "Lorraine, I would like you to meet Katie." I said, "Hi Katie, my you are such a pretty lady. Hence the nickname, Katie, Katie Pretty Lady." She was 11 months old at the time and had just been spayed one week before.
    The boys came back raving about this black cat named Pete and how they wanted him. I tried to stir them toward Katie, but they wouldn't budge. After about 3 weeks of Pete being here, it was clear that it was not going to work out with our C-Fer. Pete wanted nothing to do with C-Fer and he showed it. Poor C-Fer was terrified of him. I called the woman and told her that it was not working out and she asked if I would like Katie instead. Well, I couldn't answer "YES" fast enough.
    Katie & C-Fer hit it off from day one, but what really got me, was the first night that Katie was here. We were all in the living room watching T.V. and Katie came on me first, then went to each of the boys and then to hubby. She landed up staying on my hubby's chest. I guess it was like the story of the Three Bears, trying to find out who was just right.
    Since I didn't work at the time, over the years, Katie became my velcro girl. She slept in the crook of my arm every night. If I happened to turn over she would climb over me to get back into her favorite position. She accepted each cat that became a part of our family with ease.
    Since I can recall, Katie hated when everyone was in bed and the lights went out. She would sit in the middle of the hall and cry her little heart out. I would call her, "Katie, come baby girl," and all I could hear was the thumping of her feet on the floor and the little brrrup brrrups, that she came out with. Once she was in bed with me and in her favorite postition, all was well again.
    Katie was a very vocal girl, letting you know when she was hungry, wanted to be played with or just wanted some lovies. She really let her siblings know when to leave her alone. She was the "QUEEN" of the house and she let the boys know it.
    I was not prepared at all for what happened to my Katie. She went in, what should have been a routine teeth cleaning with 2 extractions and unfortunately had a small stroke from being under the anesthetic. The vet said that this is very uncommon and rare that this happens. At one point there was a slight improvement in her, but then a few days later, she had another small stroke, which left her more paralyzed. They also had to start force feeding her, her vision was affected and she had become incontinent. I could not let my Katie go through months like that in hopes that she could recover. I would only be fooling myself and it wasn't fair to her. She was so scared not knowing what was happening to her and her eyes had that vacant look to them. It was time to let her go.
    As I held her in my arms, I told her how much I loved her, what a good girl she was and that she was and always will be my Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    My Dear Katie, how I miss you so. How I miss your headbumpies, your little brrup brrups, your little love bites on my chin and most of all, your purrs as you layed in my arms at night. I love you and I will never forget you my velcro girl. You were and always will be my heart Kitty. Love your Meowmie.
    Rest in Peace Katie. Til we meet again baby girl.
    This is a beautiful memorial that Laura made for me.
    Last edited by rg_girlca; 10-16-2005 at 04:34 PM.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

What a wonderful tribute. Katie was a very special kitty that seemed to bring joy to everyone who knew her. Thank you for allowing us to share your pain.

RIP Katie.
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

What a special cat Katie was! And what a wonderfrul tribute you have given her. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Having been away I did not hear up to now that your Katie went to RB.
    I am so very sorry- at 14 years you just don't think it could be time.

Lorraine, I am so sorry -- I was going to email you today and ask you how you were doing since I haven't seen you online. That was a beautiful tribute for a wonderful, special girl. I know she's sill here with you, and don't be surprised if you still hear those brrrps-brrrrps at night.

I'm so sorry for this loss.. I get sick to my stomach when I think about the pain you must feel. You are in my thoughts. I'll ask Bassett to give Katie a tour for you.

*hugs*

Im so sorry for your loss.That is a beautiful tribute to Katie,thanks for sharing it with us.I will light a candle in memory of Katie.

Hugs from Felix and his Meowmie,God Bless.

Felix's Catster Page- http://www.catster.com/?150963

Felix's Website Page- http://www.felinefelix.piczo.com

Beer's Dogster Page- http://www.dogster.com/?168340

How beautiful for Katie and for you. I know you loved her very much and nothing will take her place.

No matter how they go to the RB, I still cry for all of them.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Lorraine..here comes the LES again. What a touching and heartfelt tribute to your beautiful little girl. She'll forever have a special place in your heart until you meet again.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

10. Oh Lorraine....how my heart cries for you. What a beautiful, loving tribune to a beautiful loving kitty.

I am so sorry for you loss! Rip sweet katie, that siggy is a beutiful tribute to your sweet cat.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Lorraine, this is such a wonderful tribute to Katie. I'm sure that she knows how much she was loved and she'll also know that she'll be missed but never forgotten. RIP sweet Katie girl.

Lorraine, I am typing through the tears. I can imagine how difficult it must be for you - still expecting to hear or see Katie in the house. You two shared such a special bond - she will ALWAYS be with you, and watching over you.

I am sure Katie and Kissy are looking down from the RB right now, watching over us all

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Oh Lorraine, the tears are flowing so badly that I can't type. My heart breaks for you.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Blessings to you for making the right but painful decision about Katie. Sometimes the way we must demonstrate our love is by letting go. Run and play at the RB, Katie. You are still loved.

Blessings,
    Mary