Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Signature Dish

Your Signature Dish

Quite often when we get invited anywhere, I get asked to cook a dish, as most people do. More often that not it is invariably the same one. When talking about this at the last party we were at, I was quickly informed that the dish I bought along is regarded as my signature dish.
    I was wondering who else has a signature dish and if you can post the recipie. I'm always after good ideas.
    Here's mine;

HOT BREAD DIP
    (Created by Trev)

INGREDIENTS:
    1 pack of 250gm cream cheese
    2 cups of sour cream
    2 cups of grated tasty cheese
    ½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
    400 grams of diced bacon
    1 onion
    2 cloves of garlic
    3 teaspoons (approx) of fresh chopped chives
    1 round cob loaf

METHOD:
    Cook bacon & set aside. Dice onion & cook through till it changes colour, then set aside. Combine cream cheese, sour cream, cheese, bacon, & onion. Mix well in mixing bowl. Crush garlic and add with chopped chives. Cut top of cob loaf, (one thick slice). Scoop out bread leaving shell. Tear bread into bite size portions and set aside. Fill loaf with dip mixture and cover with the cut slice of bread. Wrap in foil and cook in oven at 180 degrees C for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and remove foil. Take of lid and tear lid into pieces. Return to oven with bread pieces on a tray to crisp up for a further 10 minutes. Ovens vary so ensure the mixture is cooked through.
    Serve immediately and enjoy. (more bread may be needed to crisp, in which case I recommend 4 long rolls torn into bite size pieces)

Somes pics I took for a recipie site.

I also made some sate beef kebabs. No secret here, just put on what you like, and marinate for a few hours.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

HI TREV! Good to hear from you. I guess my signature dish would be Chesapeake Bay Crab Cakes. I'll come back with the recipe a bit later, just checking in at work and need to actually DO SOME By grated "tasty" cheese do you mean some sort of combo of cheeses or is that supposed to mean a particular type? Oh, another thing I'm asked for is a simple leg of lamb but wrapped in foil and cooked over the fire outside. Not much of recipe for that really, just some garlic, a few herbs and white pepper rub basically. But you know that Bring some of that Hot Bread Dip over to Thursdays sometime

That Hot Bread Dip looks YUMMY! I'm printing the recipe right now -- Thanks for sharing!

Oh and my signature dish would probably be Cookie Apple Crisp. I'm with Laurie
    I'll come back with the recipe a bit later, just checking in at work and need to actually DO SOME

Great Thread!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    My mom and I made this chicken and cheese macaroni dish, that was to die for. It's been awhile, though, I'll see if I can find the recipe. For Thanksgiving, I always get asked for my peachy sweet potatoes, I'll try to find that recipe, too, it's yummy!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Every year for thanksgiving my mom asks me to make deviled eggs. Every Christmas I'm asked by Justin's family to make "white trash" which is basically a white chocolate chex mix. I don't even like it but every year I have to make it every year for them. I make a big batch and his family (parents, sisters, aunts, uncles, and cousins) devour it.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Quote Originally Posted by KBlaix
    Every Christmas I'm asked by Justin's family to make "white trash" which is basically a white chocolate chex mix.
    I love white trash! I eat tons of it every holiday season.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Oh, I always get asked to bake pies...the ones I've done have been apple, blackberry, pecan, custard, pumpkin...I think that's it so far. But, always a pie! And, there's this summer dish that I would always take to picnics, and, I never had any left to bring home. First you take pound cake slices and put them on the bottom and sides of the dish, then pour banana or vanilla pudding - with strawberries and bananas mixed in - into the dish. Then top it with decorative (but of course still edible!) slices of strawberries and bananas. If you use a clear dish, it looks really pretty, because you can see the slices of pound cake all around...the dish has to be tall enough for the pound cake slices, though. It's so yummy!!!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

My signature dish has to be "pasta al forno" which is baked pasta.
    Usually I use penne or rigatoni, both have ridges and hold up better, a very good homade ragu, ricotta and mozzarella cheeses.

Quote Originally Posted by lbaker
    HI TREV! Good to hear from you. I guess my signature dish would be Chesapeake Bay Crab Cakes. I'll come back with the recipe a bit later, just checking in at work and need to actually DO SOME By grated "tasty" cheese do you mean some sort of combo of cheeses or is that supposed to mean a particular type? Oh, another thing I'm asked for is a simple leg of lamb but wrapped in foil and cooked over the fire outside. Not much of recipe for that really, just some garlic, a few herbs and white pepper rub basically. But you know that Bring some of that Hot Bread Dip over to Thursdays sometime
    Laurie tasty cheese is basically cheddar. Though I always say the better the cheese, the better the dish.
    And please post the Chesapeke Bay Crab Cake recipie. (I'm drooling thinking of it )
    Everyones dishes sound so good, but Ill need some recipies, if I'm going to have a lash at making them.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

I don't know if I have one special dish, but usually for every birthday party, I'm asked to bring the cake. Dirt Cake, Better Than Sex Cake and Pastel de Tres Leches (3 milk cake) tend to be my most requested. I'm the baker of the family and everyone knows it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

I too need to get the recipe from home, be back with it next week. It's a crab dip. Beau Monday (a cold bread dip) is another dish I am often asked to make. lol
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

The one dish I am sometimes asked to bring is my lasagna. It really is GOOD and easy too. I call it my "Don't Bother to Cook the Noodles Lasagna"

When Warren's Granny died, one of her dying wishes was that I have all her recipe books, as I am the only one in the family who enjoys cooking. Every Christmas I make Granny's Christmas cake, both as a remembrance to her (she passed away on Dec 26 1999) and also because it's so much better than any store-bought cake, although it is hard work!!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

So what's the recipe, Julie? How does it differ from any other Christmas cake?????

I tend to always make a dessert, I am hoping to make this delicious chocolate Malteser cheesecake, thats if I can lay my hands on the recipe, I have had it stored in my messy cupboard for ages with intention of making it, one of these days.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️