Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your opinions on Ghosts?

There is no reason for you to feel upset about that Clarebear, I don't think she meant you faked it, it is probably a chemical drip when your photos were being developed.

I don't think the photos are fake, however, I don't think there are actually orbs in the photos. The lense could be dirty, the batteries could be low, the camera could be old. It's happened numerous times in my photos while using the flash. Things like those happen all of the time in photos, doesn't necessarily mean it's an orb.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

No offense but orbs can also be caused by light refraction on dust particles.
    I'm no expert so whose to say your orbs may be true orbs or may just dust particles. Just thought I'd add my info on the dust particle thing.

As for my opinions on ghosts... I do believe, but I have rules... Don't show yourself to me. Do not talk to me. Do not move stuff... especially if I can see it move. Basically DO NOT scare me. We'll get on just fine.

The movie The Others really changed my thinking on things. Great movie if you haven't seen it.

I do realised that orbs are dust too. Im not one of those every little light or flash is a ghost type of person.

I do agree with the camera issues but sarah you shouldnt of said I faked it even if you do think it.

In the summer i worked in this place that was over 100 years old that was a museam that had people living in it. It was a historical kind of thing. I remember my first day working there i feld a push on my sholder and another time i went in a attic and found a door that lid to somewhere and i thought it was really cool, i noticed the window wasn't open and then when i was locking up and went into the room and the window was open. whats scary is that part is off limit to tourits amd we watch them closely. and i was the only one working that day. I mean I am not quite sure if i was imagining things, but whatever it was kinda cool.....
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Oh man, when I said fake I meant that I think ghosts are fake. That was the initial question of the thread. I just replied, didn't really read anyone's responses. I didn't mean that your pictures are fake! I have pictures with orbs in them too, however I just don't believe in ghosts.

Quote Originally Posted by .sarah
    Oh man, when I said fake I meant that I think ghosts are fake. That was the initial question of the thread. I just replied, didn't really read anyone's responses. I didn't mean that your pictures are fake! I have pictures with orbs in them too, however I just don't believe in ghosts.
    Im SOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry!! LOL I feel so stupid now lol. I know what you mean though but I do believe in them, you have to see it to believe them.

I honestly try to steer clear of things like this. Just reading everyone's post has really scared me. My biggest fear is ghosts. I am a very jumpy sort of person, and alot of things can scare me easily. I'm not saying everyone is weird or anything, I'm just stating my oppinion on this subject.

I love things like this! I think they're real and I sometimes wish I could see one. I watch Ghost Hunters on the Sci Fi network and Most Haunted on the Travel channel.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I believe in them myself. Never have seen one though. I have a thing I call the "knowing"... I just KNOW things, sometimes from a dream I had or it just pops in my head and I know it is true. It mainly is associated with my family and them being sick, in danger or fixing to die. One of my most recent one was just about a day before Eddie was in that explosion. I had a total panic attack in my room while I was on the boat. I KNEW I HAD to get off that boat but didn't know why.. I didn't know if I was in danger or someone else was and I couldn't figure out how to explaine it to my Captain and then HE explaine it to the company so I kept quiet and stayed until I got the word and knew what it was.

Things I knew and foretold... My sisters first husbands death and how. My own sons death... My brothers death... My Dad being critically ill... (the night he died I woke up out of a sound sleep in the middle of the night, didn't know why but I got up and went and sat by the phone. It rang 10 minutes later.) I have had this since I was a child and now my family listens to me when I say "I have a BAD feeling about that!"..

Also when told my friend of 20 years had died in a house fire.. I went to cursing and said " SHE WAS MURDERED! That was NO ACCIDENT!". She was murdered and the fire started in an attempt to cover it up.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Wow, well maybe there is something special I guess. Ghosts and stuff like this are always my biggest fear though, and nothing can change that. I live in an old house, so that only amplifies my fears
    Last edited by Cubby'sMom; 11-26-2005 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clarebear
    Im SOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry!! LOL I feel so stupid now lol. I know what you mean though but I do believe in them, you have to see it to believe them.
    It's fine. Just a misunderstanding, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by .sarah
    It's fine. Just a misunderstanding, that's all.
    Im so glad it was just a misunderstanding cause I like you

I find that people who have never experienced anything are the ones that don't believe. Some people are more sensitive that other people and you have to have a open mind.

I had completely forgotten about Mr. Smith. Mr. Frank Smith grew up a orphan and so did his wife. They never had any children. She died, then he got cancer. My best friend lived across the street from him and they became friends. She started looking after him and we all brought him into our family. Mr. Smith had a cat, a beautiful long haired calico named Jenny and he had made arrangements for Jenny to be put to sleep when he died but Mary talked him out of it, telling him, she would take care of Jenny when he passed away. Jenny was his baby, his child, his companion and he loved her dearly. Although she was about 14 years old, she was a happy, healthy cat so he left Jenny to my friend and left my friend his house so Jenny could stay in the house she grew up in. After his death, we moved in his house to look after his cat. Jenny slept with me every night and I grew to love her dearly too.

One night as I was dropping off to sleep, I felt something on the bed and I thought it was Jenny so I put my hand down to pet her but she was not there. The movement continued and it was the definate feeling of having someone tucking you in... the actual physical feeling of having someone tucking in the covers around me. I opened my eyes and there was no one there. I knew it was Mr. Smith showing his apperciation for me loving his baby Jenny. By morning, I had completely forgot about it and didn't mention it to my friend.

End of stroy.. Nope! Another night passes and we get up the next morning. My friend mentioned to me she she felt me tucking her in that night and it reminded her of her mother doing that when she was a little girl. I told her is was not ME and told her the night before I had the same experience! We both KNEW it was Mr. Smith just checking on his baby Jenny, and his dear friends.

Jenny lived about another 2 or 3 years after her Human Daddy passed away and she was buried in the back yard of that house.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Open Mind

I have an open mind, I just have never experienced any of this, and I don't think I will. And if I did I'm sure I would go crazy. To be honest I still don't really believe in ghosts. I suppose I believe in the thing that Laura's Babie's went through, but ghosts terrorizing and scaring people? Nope.
    Last edited by Cubby'sMom; 11-28-2005 at 12:48 AM.