Hi everyone! Thought I'd give you an update on my job search in CT. The weather SUCKS and I've had to bus it all over the place (just a little vent stuck in there). I do not know how my daughter busses it wherever she goes. But I guess you get used to it.

Anyway, I applied to MANY temp agencies. I scored 70 wpm with 100% accuracy. Did well on the computer tests. Now all I have to do is pee in a cup when I get in permanently and we'll see what we can come up with.

I went to a job fair yesterday and applied to anything and everything I was remotely qualified for. Get this...the newspaper I worked for prior to moving to CT, laid off 25 employees about 3 weeks ago. They had a booth there!! They are looking for a full-time phone person to work from 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. manning the customer service desk. I talked to the head of HR, Iris, who recognized me immediately and said she thought I was in Michigan. I told her I was moving back and was very interested in applying for the Customer Service position. She said, "you got it!!" (not meaning I actually HAD the job) and circled my previous job on my resume. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get my foot back in the door there.

I'm really pooped out and planning on taking tomorrow (Friday) off and relaxing, seeing as I have to fly back to hell (Michigan) on Saturday. Then I begin packing my stuff up.

That's the scoop, guys. I miss my kits terribly and can't wait to get home to see them (that's the ONLY reason why).

I'll let you know if I get any job offers!!

Till then...