Thread: has your cat done this?

has your cat done this?

A couple of months ago I had an umbilical hernia. And ended up in hospital overnight and came home the next day. On coming home from the hospital I went to bed as I wasn't feeling great. Jasper a ten month old kitten at the time layed on my bed too. And even when my daughter tried to coax him away he stayed there and was with me for the duration. The next day I decided to check my emails and instead of having a cat on my shoulder I had a cat who sat on the computer and eyeballed me as if to say..I know your not well.

Ministry of Presence

Yes. Ours do that.

Cindy just recovered from a DVT. When she was first diagnosed with the clot they sent her home and she was to be fast in bed. Lamoni (our giant boy cat) was always on the bed with her.

"He is our angel." I think that cats know way more than we generally give them credt for. Anytime that there is a tense scence on TV and we get excited he comes to our feet and wants to be petted at the food bowl. He does this to distract us because was are always calmer when we are petting him.
    ATB

Charles Kincaid

My cat Myrtille (who is now not with us any longer) was just a tiny kitten when I had my first back surgery. She and her foster sister Tzigane (also no longer with us) took turns doing "nurse" duty, even though they were tiny babies. Myrtille was the day nurse and Tzigane was the night nurse, but I almost always had a kitten on the bed with me. They do know.

has your cat done this?

Oh yes my Calitt is momma's Big Nurse when I am not feeling well.. She just glues herself to me until I am better.. Now the other babies are not as concerned..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

We have several " Nurse" cats at our house!!! My therapy cat, Spunky(RIP 9/15/04), was the BEST nurse one could ask for!!! The cats know that we should be resting when we are ill and try everything in their power to have us do just that!!! They are the best RX!!!! Sandra
    Nine is Fine!!

I thought it would be that way

I thought there would be a few responses on the theme I started. I don't think we give our cats and kittens enough credit about looking after us.

Yes, if I'm lying down with a headache or recovering from dentistry -whatever, my two come and sit up close on the bed and stare fixedly at me like two Siamese temple cats on guard. The expression on their faces is so solicitous and serious, like it's their duty and their life purpose or something. It's so sweet. They know when I'm stressed or upset too, of course and tend to look on from a distance, worried.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)