Thread: Celebrating Dusty's Freedom!!!

Celebrating Dusty's Freedom!!!

Dusty has been out of the crate for two weeks while hubby and I go to work and he has been successful!

We are putting the crate away now since he is doing so well! He is 10 months old and I am very proud of him! I make sure he has plenty of chewies around so he can chew his things till his hearts content. I'm sure having his Momma around helps!

I was unable to uncrate Dixie while she was home alone until she reached almost two years old. She was a chewer and a half! But most of her chewing occured because of seperation anxiety issues.

I think in honor of Dusty's new freedom, I will stop at the grocery store and buy them both FROSTY PAWS!!!!

He!He!He! You crack me up, Candy!

Congrats, Dusty on your new found freedom! I am sure it was well earned!

YEAH! DUSTY!
    You've made your Mom so happy!

May I ask how you transitioned her?? Thanks!!!

Yea for Dusty!!! Feels good to stretch your legs, I'll bet!!! Yes, FrostyPaws!!!!!!! Par-T..Par-T!!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Candy I remember the first day we gave Bella her freedom from her crate while we went to work. I left the house saying a little prayer for all of my belongings! LOL! I held my breath when I came home that night but nothing was amiss! She seems to get into more trouble when people are here! By the way she is reading over my shoulder and wants to know why she didn't get any Frosty Paws! Congratulations Dusty, what a good boy you are!

Way to go, Dusty Man!!! Atta big boy Whatta guy

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    Yeah Dusty!! Now you can discover the joys of garbage cans
    (I don't mean that honest)

Way to go Dusty!
    What a good boy you are.

----<---<--<{(@

Awwwwww, Dusty, your mama finally trusted you!! I knew you wouldn't let her down!!! Good boy!! No more bad crate for you!!!!

Loud Louie Sez,

YEAH! DUSTY! .....mmmmmmmmmm.....FROSTY PAWS........ you LUCKY DOG! Our store quit selling them You are such a Lucky guy!!! Made yer MAMA sooooooooo proud. Great job!!!!

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    Yo Dusty! Cool to be out of the crate!

(Isn't it cute how everybody refers to him in a special tone...)

I never had a crate for Cookie, and every time I get home after I was out for a few hours, I find her in a deep sleep on my bed with Eddy the cat! No worries that anything ever gets chewed (she never did that anyway), no worries that she goes potty (she holds up 12 hours in the weekends when we sleep long - might sound terrible, but she doesn't want to go potty in the evening anymore after her last walk at 8pm until the next morning). The only worry is that the cat food will be gone!

Originally posted by cfuh
    May I ask how you transitioned her?? Thanks!!!
    DUSTY and DIXIE enjoyed their frosty paws! I told him it was cuz he was soooo special for being good while mom was at work but he could care less. He just wanted the treat!

I started to transition him from the crate about a month or so ago. If I would be gone for short periods of time, he was left out with something to occupy his time. I never make a fuss when I'm about to leave since this caused seperation anxiety in Dixie. I just give him something to focus on other than me leaving and he was fine. Gradually I would make it longer periods of time until I felt comfortable leaving him out all day. He only had one "mishap" during the transition and that was more my fault than his. He raided the garbage!