Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: October 8th update on Katie

Poor Katie girl. I am so sorry to hear this news but I hope the vets are able to help her.
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies
    rg_grilca, do not think for one minute that you are in this alone. This is effecting all of us here at PT. We are so sad for you and worried to bits over your sweet baby girl Katie. We are all praying for her and for you and I hope you can find just a little comfort in knowing that you are not in this alone. We would all be there by you if we could, hugging you and wiping your tears away as well as our own.
    That's what's keeping me going Laura, knowing that I am NOT alone in this. Having all of you by my side in this terrible situation, worrying with me, crying tears with me, has brought a lot of comfort to me. I am sorry though to put you all through this with me. But I need you all right now. I need all your prayers and positive thoughts for my Katie girl and I can't thank you enough for helping me get through this. I love you all for staying by my side.

I am trying to stay strong for my girl and not lose hope, but I am an emotional wreck right now cause it is hard, so very hard.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Hang in there Lorraine, cats can get along quite well with impaired vision, so don't allow that to discourage you. Did the vet say how she is doing otherwise?

I feel so bad for you as I know there is nothing we can say or do to really help, but just know that we understand the pain.

Jen, there is no change from yesterday and she told me that they have to hand feed her because she goes off to the right too much and can't eat properly to get enough in her. But she is being a good little patient.
    God bless my sweet baby girl.

Dear God, please make her be okay. Even if she is not back to 100%, just let her get well enough to have a good quality of life.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

But the fact that she wants to eat (even if she is finding it difficult) is good.

I too hope with all my heart that she can be well enough to come home soon.

Sweetie, I"m so sorry for this setback. ((((hugs)))))

You both will remain in my prayers.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

We are praying for Katie.
    Im sure that like My Princess,Katie can adjust,to a life where her sense of smell becomes her primary source,of direction.
    Ebony,the Little Blind Cat,that came from a Lab,is coming to be with Katie,to comfort her.
    And Our Prayers are with you,Our Friend.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I think Jen is right, the fact that she is eating is a very good sign.

We are all here for you!

From Decker with Love

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    My heart is all torn apart reading this latest shock about your Katie. If it's any consolation, I occasionally kitty sit for a cat "Amber" who had a stroke four or so years ago, and has adapted very well despite her being morbidly obese, and a cerebellar cat to top it off. Katie is much healthier looking in comparison and in time she'll do fine I pray. Huge Hugs during this tough time Lorraine.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I know I just posted on the other thread just a little while ago, but had to post here too, I am sick that Katie's not doing well, but I am encouraged by your posts that she's doing better than initially was. I really hope she pulls through, and with all our PT prayers, she will! hugs!

Lorraine, I'm so sorry to hear more sad news about Katie. I've been thinking about both of you all day and I'll be continuing to send her lots of prayers and positive thoughts. We're all here for you for emotional support so you're in no way alone. Please take care.(((HUGS)))

I do, most sincerely, hope that little Katie, once over the initial trauma, will begin to improve. I am so sure that she will. I can't begin to imagine though how absolutely wretched beyond belief you must be feeling. Daty to day functioning must be virtually impossible All I can say is that I hope little miss katie willl soon be back to being her old self and I know how much you will cherish this. Hugs and thoughts from afar xxx.

laurax.
    Laura

rg... Lorraine, you are not putting us through anything that we are not willing to go through with you, THAT is what friends are for! We may not be there in person to hold your hand but we are all holding it cyberly. At anytime, any one of us could just quit looking at this thread but we won't because we are going to be there for you as you would be for us if it were our time of trouble.

With all the prayers Katie has going for her and all us pulling for her, she HAS to feel the love and have it comfort and help her. Whatever God decides for her, we will have to accept. If she comes out of this less than perfect, she will still be your baby and you will still love her and she will continue to have a outpouring of love here. There are a lot of us that have "less than perfect" kitties and I can promise you, you only love them MORE! It goes deeper than you can believe and teaches you so much about life. The news, as heartbreaking as it is, IS encouraging so hang on to that for now and we also are hanging onto it.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!