Thread: we had a creature fiasco..1 dead 1 missing

we had a creature fiasco..1 dead 1 missing

I walked downstairs to let Taru out for his evening play time, when I noticed the girls gerbil cage top was a little screwy so I went to fix it, only to see the top totally smashed in, sniffles dead with a missing leg, and stubby missing entirely, I walked into my rook to see if stubby had gotten in there to see the rabbit cage pushed in, a missing bunny and a missing guinea pig. so we went hunting, I was calling Kari and my mom started laughing because she poked her head out from behind the laundry room door and was watching me call her from behind lol so I scooped her up fixed her cage and put her back in, then went searching for blizzard, after some hunting we found him munching hay in the piggie room(he is the only piggie who lives in my room rather then the piggie room) I scooped him back and put him back in his cage, still no luck finding stubby though, we are hoping for the best, if she escaped from whatever happened she will need care. I have no idea what in the world happened here, my best guess is that Happy opened the basement gate, helped herself downstairs, opened my bedroom door, walked in, jumped at Kari and Blizzies cage, they escaped, and walked out my door, Blizzy likely followed Kari. Kari could have jumped on top of the gerbil cage and scared sniffles to death and created an escape for stubby, although this theory does not explain how sniffles lost her foot. please pray that we find stubby ok
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

OMG! That is horrible! I'll be praying that you find Stubby, and that Stubby will be safe and okay!(((((HUGS)))))

Steph, Jesse, and Splinter

good news, Stubby is perfectly fine, I cant catch her, but I know where she is, last night when I sat on my bed I heard thumping, there is an enterence to under the floor next to my bed, thats were escapee Gerbils tend to go, she is loose in my room in any case, I have given her food and water, but she is really skittish, I heard her playing in my room last night after I turneed out the light, and I saw her eating so I know she is otherwise fine, she is very much like her brother though, he is impossable to catch when he gets out, however unlike her brother she does not fall for traps so easy, with Cinder if he gets out I just put an open cage on the floor and leave, come back 10 minuts later and he will be in the cage lol I am not sure how I am going to manage to catch her, but on another note my mom said I could breed another gerbil litter since mine are getting older, she knows how I am about gerbils and that when they pass away I will want more, I have actually dreamt of breeding Doodles and Stubby, stubby is very friendly for a female, and Doodles has a temperment I have never before seen in a gerbil, plus his colouring is cool lol obviously I still have to catch Stubby, and make sure her health is still good etc..
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Oh! I am soo sorry! I love gerbils so much!

Nińo & Eliza