Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: jumping on people

Well now I can tell Don I'm not the only "Curvaceous Woman" on Pet Talk that loves good food.
    Jackie

I am laughing so hard I have tears running down my face! (OMG don't take that the wrong way!)

I took my English Language exam two years early. After that the school had to do something with me when everyone else was in their English lesson. I got some very interesting teachers, physics, biology, chemistry, Latin, French, P.E and pottery teachers, to name a few, on a "free period" as my tutors through those two years. Basically everything I had learned seemed to be an excersise in what not to do when writing. I saw the merits of this, if you want to say something just say it and don't go around the proverbial bush was the general message. If you have told your story well enough then people don't to read HOW something was done or said, they will KNOW.
    After two years of this it has never left me and I know I am guilty of being rather "medical" in my approach without taking into account the context or style.
    The bare facts, don't dress it up.
    I also find that when I try to dress it up I become confused and tend to ramble...oo, there I go again, starting to ramble...

Thank you for understanding. I am finding the more I try to explain my lack of tact and insensitivity the deeper I get myself!
    (My doctor speaks to me like that so I have never been brave enough to actually read what has been written about me! Good for you!)

Carrie...
    YOU.. DO NOT LACK TACT OR SENSITIVITY on any issue I've ever read!!!!!
    You are a Pro & we all know it.. I read/listen to your comments and immediately
    KNOW what you are saying is a professional
    comment , and completely truthful...
    Please continue......
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

OOO! AAAHH! We started a We Love Carrie thread all because of fabulous Drake and his family! Who knew????
    Carrie, you a Saggatarius, plain and simple. It is called hooman "Foot IN Mouth Disease"! My best friend is so like you it's amazing- I already told you that. You are the great philosophers of life. Hey! I've spoken to you..I really know you! I'm Prez of the I Love Carrie Fan Club! Rachel is right..the reason we all ask questions is to get different perspectives, answers, ideas, experiences. I have learned so much, I'd better do it better next time or I wasted a helluva lot of time on this site for nothing! Your Yank Pal, K9

I've been Boooo'd!

I just have to chime in on the We-Love-Carrie chat Carrie, you are one of the most (if not the most) knowledgable people on this entire board! I know that when I post a problem or question, I always cross my fingers and think to myself, "Gee, I hope Carrie answers!" And I bet I am not the only one who does that Okay, so you don't candy-coat your posts. Big deal! We can all still see that there is a big heart behind those straight-forward words, and your sympathy to those in need seeps through. We know you care about us, Carrie, and we care about you too