Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Book of the Month Club Members and "Rules"

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom
    Yeah, I think that would be best. I'm so sorry I've been going back and forth with October. I hope y'all will continue to be patient and let me know how you feel about all this. I know I can't please everyone, but, it's important to me to hear different points of view. That's why, even though I had the poll up, the reasons I was getting from different people were mostly leaning towards the one discussion at the end of the month, for this month at least. I know I haven't made the greatest first impression, but, I hope you guys will stick it out at least for November!

Alright

Will November be done week by week or has that changed as well?

You've been doing a great job with all of this! Thank you!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by CagneyDog
    Alright

Will November be done week by week or has that changed as well?

You've been doing a great job with all of this! Thank you!
    Blech, such difficult questions. I have an idea, but, I'd hate to say it right now, because it may change...and, thanks, that's kind of you to say. Yeah, I'm good at changing my mind.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Hee hee - I got October's book on Saturday, and finished it already. Next month, if we do week-to-week, I promise I'll limit myself to the chapters in question!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Hee hee - I got October's book on Saturday, and finished it already. Next month, if we do week-to-week, I promise I'll limit myself to the chapters in question!
    I know. Seriously, I threw my copy across the room when I finished chapter six because I didn't know how we would do the discussion. I got to the chapter six, and, I thought I would die with the way the chapter ended. Ugh. I do think, with how quickly this started up, that the best way for October will be just to talk about it starting the 25th. That'll give us a week. And, we're working on a chat room.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Darn it, I haven't even gotten my copy yet lol. I need to get to the library on Saturday, although I'll probibly have it finished by the end of next week so I'll be ok. The October discussion starts on the 25th right?

I really do love this idea, and you're doing a good job of keeping things together! And yes your response to my post made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by DJFyrewolf36
    I really do love this idea, and you're doing a good job of keeping things together! And yes your response to my post made sense.

Oh thank goodness. Half the time I'm typing about this stuff, I'm totally lost and just it's like a race between my brain and my fingers. Sometimes, there's no winner, they both just get into a tussle and I give up. Ha ha.

And, yeah, you have until the 25th before discussion opens publicly. And, the book seems to be a fast read, I stopped after the sixth chapter because I wasn't sure if were going to discuss those chapters and then read the next few or what...but, now that we're just reading this month's book all the way through and then discussing, I'll probably finish it today. It's a nice rainy day. Good tea and book weather. And, thank you so much for saying such kind things, it helps considering I feel like a flop with the whole thing every once in awhile. But, I'm so glad I took a chance and asked if there was anyone else who wanted to do this!

Book of the Month

Oh I got my copy from Borders Monday & so far it is a great book..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002
    Oh I got my copy from Borders Monday & so far it is a great book..
    Awesome! I finished last night, I enjoyed it!

We went to Walmart last night, they had the book there. I bought it I will start reading it tonight. I'm excited.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

I just picked the book up from the library....I will get started on it tonight.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Oh, enjoy! It sucks you right in - at least it did me!

I am either ending chapter 6 or starting chapter 7, it is really a good story and I love books that just suck you right in like that. This will be a good book for my daughter to read too since she is 12.

I have been frosted!

I am done! I enjoyed the book.

I have been frosted!

I just got the book just now and I was reading the back of it while I was at the library and it seems like a good book! I can't wait to get started!
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

Oh, good - glad you got it on time! Enjoy ... can't wait for the dicussion! And NEXT month, I'm just gonna read the assigned chapters per week - I'll put the book away so I don't pick it up "by accident!"