Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poison Ivy for sale?

Poison Ivy for sale?

Anybody know where I can find Poison Ivy or something like it for sale??

Gonna plant it in between me and the neighbors fence. They wont stop throwing dead things in between the fences so I won't stop throwing bad, obnoxious, itchy plants over.

You'd be better off with something like blackberry bushes, as poison ivy would migrate into your yard in short order, and the doggies would rub against it and you'd have the oil all over your house.

Have you spoken to the city, or your landlord? Someone owns that area, and should prevent them from dumping stuff there.

grybai - ooooh I'm doing it alright. they've had it coming for a very long time.

Karen - we also thought about blackberry bush, to fill the gap between the fences. the thing is that we have a privacy fence on that side - they have old chain link. theres already 1 bush out there, thats taking over their fence and growing out.

mostly whatever we throw over will probably take over their yard (they never do regular yard maintence). PI would be good since they have kids (their just as guilty.)

theres nobody we can call, all we do is videotape or take pics of the obvious things they do. and wait for the day they do something to make me call police again.

No plants on fences-destroys it

Poison Ivy or other plants growing on or against a wood fence will rot it out quicker and make it unstable. It isn't a good idea to have any plants growing on structures as it causes damage to the structures. Even those brick houses with Ivy all over them have serious issues with plant damages.
    I had an issue with my neighbor forcing me to put up a privacy fence between us. He threatened to take away my dogs!!! His were the one's barking and causing the problems. He'd even stolen part of my land and his dogs were on it!!!
    Your best bet is maybe grow a hedgerow of maybe Holly Bushes or a short evergreen plants. Why make it more ugly to look at for yourself? Have you thought about fruit trees? The fruits would fall over on their side ALOT causing a "mess". A good flowering tree/bush for the allergies is a good irratator!!!
    Scooby, Shaggy the "Dogs", Ms. Thang the "Cat" and introducing Measley Weasle "The Ferret".

I like the fruit tree idea or the flowering tree. Apple trees have nice flowers that eventually fall to the ground...making a mess.

It's a shame you have such sucky neighbors. I use to know exactly how you feel.

Good luck.

Poison Ivy is a considered an "invasive" species, so probably illegal to order anyway. What part of the country are you in? It is quick to spread, can climb and kill even large healthy trees and is difficult to get rid of.

[I was wrong about it being imported - musta been a myth I heard. It is native to parts of North America)/

I've got poison oak in our woods. It spreads like crazy, though. Too bad you just can't nuke the horrible neighbors. I know you've been throgh way too much with them.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Karen there is a plant

Karen there is such a plant that was imported to the United States from Japan. It is an "Ivy" type plant. I forgot the name of it (Japanese ????Kudzu?). It was brought over for some kind of "weed control" or other similar property. It is NOT poisonous.
    However, something went seriously wrong. The plant outgrew it's containment and is OUT of control. It takes over EVERYTHING and is nearly impossible to kill. You will see it pretty prevalent on the side of the road here in the South. It is spreading soo fast that nothing can be done. Entire forrested areas are covered in it choking the other plants and killing them.
    I wouldn't recommend planting this stuff. It is a nightmare and may be illegal now to plant in other states. Certain plants are restricted believe it or not.
    Scooby, Shaggy the "Dogs", Ms. Thang the "Cat" and introducing Measley Weasle "The Ferret".

It is kudzu. People often don't think about consequences when they introduce non-native plant species. I know Florida also spends tons of money every year clearing water hyacinth out of canals and waterways it otherwise chokes to unnavigability, destroying animal habitats and native plants as well.

theres one area of east tennessee that was nothing but kudzu it seemed. I haven't been there in years but would be interesting to know if they did anything.

my mom told me she has some pi in her yard I told her we'd be more than happy to take care of it for her. planting it next to their fence that faces woods, instead of next to ours.

Quote Originally Posted by LKPike
    planting it next to their fence that faces woods, instead of next to ours.
    Like others have mentioned pi grows fast & spreads all over. If you plant it near you at all it will come into your yard.

If they throw things in that area then they probably don't step there do they? So what good would PI or a pricker bush do anyways?

I'd just report them. Dumping is illegal.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Wouldn't doing something like that just create more tension with your neighbor? Sorry, it does not sound like a good idea.

I have a INSANE neighbor as well, this summer I had two operations on my knee, so walking the dogs was a huge problem. I couple of times I took them out without a leash, and she went crazy, even knowing the reason why they were leash-less From that day on I have just ignored her. She just got more and more irate to the point she came up to me when my family was on holiday and started screaming how she was going to report me, then went door to door trying to get me kicked out of the complex. I told my boyfriend what had happened, he want calmly to the door, spoke to her husband and told him if his wife ever came up to me again, I would got to the police station report her, and the next step would be getting a restraining order. One of my other neighbors backed me up, and she realized she could have a big problem on her hand. I could have done horrible things to her ,they only use their bungalow as a weekend home, so I would have all week to post prawns and cockroaches through the mailbox. But at the end of the day being calm and rational worked much better.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie
    But at the end of the day being calm and rational worked much better.

sorry, after we went through about 800$ worth of vet bills thanks to them, and after we spent 1400$ for a new chainlink fence to keep our puppers safe, they began throwing trash, dead birds & etc, over the fence - causing us to spend an additional 1800$ for a privacy fence on one side of the yard. that still didn't stop her and her kids from screaming 4 letter obscenities and harrassing us when we go into our front yard.

currently they are claiming my husband hit their fence causing major damage. yet theres no dent or scratch on his vehicle and I did not, neither did any other neighbor, hear or see the huge bang and drag sound that simple *bleep* says she heard. She also didn't call police, which is what any other person would do if it'd actually happened to them.

I'm PIing their yard.

In addition to calling police and filing a report if they continue to hound my husband about the fence.

LK, in doing so you could be opening up a can of legal problems for yourself. Think twice before doing this.

^ I agree one hundred percent. Have you gone to the police? I hope you can solve the problem.