Apparently there are people on this board who can't tell the difference between my girlies! I have now prepared a tutorial which attempts to point out the differences between my three grey cats. Now listen carefully, because I will be asking questions later!

It's not easy to distinguish between them in photographs, however, Sam has a white stripe on her back which you can sometimes see. She once tried to climb through a collar she was wearing and it got stuck round her middle. For a while afterwards she had a white ring round her middle, but gradually the grey grew back, everywhere except that little bit on her back.

She also has a little white spot that she was born with. You don't see it much any more, because now that she has grown into her skin, it sits just under her collar magnet that opens the cat flap.

Samantha is top cat and bosses her mother and sister around. She thinks she has sole rights to our bed. She is a terrible daddy's girl. Some of these things can be hard to show in a photograph, but Samantha spends a good deal of time in the winter sleeping on her daddy!

She has often worn a little red collar in the past, but once Daisy had one too, so in photos it can be a little confusing.

Daisy is kind of the smallest, but is rather fond of her food, so she is now slightly heavier than Sam. Daisy is the sweetest and the most nervous and has the loudest purr! These things are all quite difficult to capture on camera!! She is quite a prim and proper little girlie and a bit shy.

If you happen to see her at close range from above, you can see that she has a ridgey head.

Jessica has the fluffiest tail, also the shortest tail. Jessica is the fluffiest cat all over! She has the widest head. It's kind of hard to do the standard head grip and force the jaws open to give Jessica pills. Even the vet says that it is difficult. She also has very strong jaws! She has the lightest fur. Sam and Daisy are a slightly darker grey, their daddy's colour. Jessica always, always glares at the camera; she doesn't hold with photography.

Here is a short resume of the main points -

Now I told you I would be asking questions later! Using all your new-found knowledge, who's who in this picture?