Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photobucket Problems?

Well I uploaded a bunch of pictures to post on photobucket last night and decided to just post them today. Now I can't access the site at all. So nevermind the pics....won't be happeneing for a while!

It's strange that I can see my signature but not the gift swap pics I just posted...they are all on the same account.

Well I "think" I understand what your saying Jessika And hopefully I'll be able to see all the cute pictures people have posted the last couple of days...I'm going crazy without my PT picture fix

And if this helps Finn's mom, no..I can't access PB and can't see ANY pictures from it either.

Amy, I can't even see your sig! But I can see mine I uploaded it to Zoto .(thanks again Jessika)

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna_66
    And if this helps Finn's mom, no..I can't access PB and can't see ANY pictures from it either

ha ha, thanks, anna. it's no big deal...like i said, i don't know computers, so, i didn't get the reasoning, i just thought i might try to help jessika see that maybe people weren't not reading her post. i can still see the photos, so, it's cool for me, anyway. that sucks that it's not working for so many others, though.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

This is really pissing me off. I'm missing being able to see pictures! Has anyone e-mailed photobucket?

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

ARRRGGGGGHHH! This is so frustrating for me! Still can't see photos or log onto their website. It has been about 36 hours now, geez!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr
    This is really pissing me off. I'm missing being able to see pictures! Has anyone e-mailed photobucket?
    I was thinking the same thing...maybe someone who can access PB can post their email address for us

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

anna_66, the only way to contact PB is by a form on their site, so if you can't access their site you won't be able to contact them. There is no contact email visible

Good luck, they probably delete every one they get or get SO MANY they obviously can't reply to them all...

That's why I recommend zoto.com guys! 2GB of space and very friendly staff that actually listens to your problems. Not to mention the site is hardly EVER down.

facebook

I wanted to email them, but I can't even access their site to get the email address. Maybe someone who can get on the site can email and complain for us I would just like to know when this will be resolved.
    Alyson

That's why I recommend getting your own server and space.

Anything else sucks anymore.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

That is the crappy thing for me. I have my own server, but all the photos I want to see are from people hosting them on Photobucket, arrrrghghghghgghh! There are some picture contests on another site that I wanted to vote for, but can't now because of this mess.
    Alyson

I don't know if you are able to access the forums, and I don't know what browser you all are using (Internet Explorer I assume, but I recommend using FireFox instead, its SO much safer and secure) but here is some help from their forum...

http://forums.photobucket.com/showpo...06&postcount=3
    (I would post the whole post but its VERY long and lots of URLs would get cut off)

And here is a post created by other PB members experiencing the SAME problem as some of you:
    http://forums.photobucket.com/showthread.php?t=7485

Then again if you are unable to access the site chances are likely you will be unable to access the forums, too

facebook

I'm glad I noticed this as I thought something was wrong with my computer. I also cannot see any Photobucket pictures!!
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

Here's your answer, guys, to why you're having problems.

http://blog.photobucket.com

October 06, 2005
    Photobucket Network Update

If you didn't know, yesterday two Tier 1 providers got into a feud and cut off traffic to eachothers network.

Read article here

Unfortunately Photobucket was one of the thousands of sites effected. We have talked with both Cogent and Level 3, but it doesn't look like it will be fixed anytime soon. Rather than sit back and wait for it to all get sorted out, we have taken some drastic steps to work towards our own resolution.

- Overnighted some additional network equipment as of yesterday
    - Moved our dns over to Ultradns (which is used by amazon, myspace, etc) . This gives us some flexibility on how we handle traffic from the two networks.
    - Working frantically on bringing up another carrier so we can start pushing 'non-resolvable' traffic that direction.

We believe this will solve many or all of the issues regardless of what happens with Cogent and Level 3.

Thanks for understanding, Photobucket got the worst of a bad situation that is totally out of our control.

Alex
    October 05, 2005
    Network Issue

It appears there is a peering issue with some of the network providers. We are looking into this.

http://scoreboard.keynote.com/scoreb...assword=public

We'll keep you posted.

Alex
    So they changed their DNS and it could take 72 hours for changes to take effect... exactly what I've been saying all along xD

facebook

Thanks Jessika, that was very helpful to know. I was really wanting to read that, but can't access the forums either. So thanks for posting!
    Alyson

Well that's posted on their "blog", not on the support forums and I didn't find it until after I posted that stuff about the forums hehe.

facebook