Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please pray for me!

Please pray for me!

Hi all,

I know I don't ask for prayers often, and I feel kind of guilty doing so...but I could really use some prayers right now!

Lately, as some of you know, we have been staying extremely busy, so much so, I am becoming very overwhelmed and stressed. School has been getting really tough, and I haven't been doing so well...it's been so hard to keep up with my studies too, and it feels like my brain can't hold anymore!! I really don't remember the last time I had some free time to myself either...I don't have time to write letters, e-mails, or anything really besides the activities we're doing, school, and homework. (even on weekends) I can't really find anything to cut out either; I mean, I don't do that much, but what I do, I do a lot of and am committed, if you know what I mean. I'm almost depressed at this point, and often cry about the smallest things since I'm so upset. And then this morning, my dad blew up at me for no particular reason and said a bunch of things like if I get bad grades or don't start shaping up, (whatever that means; I'm trying my hardest though and doing my best!) I'm going to get all activities taken away, like horseback riding, youth group, computer, even being allowed to go to friends' houses! I am just down and out about everything right now...

And then to top it off, yesterday as I sat down to eat a quick dinner (yes, I hardly have time to eat anymore) Blaze was laying on the floor and then he looked at me with the saddest, most depressed puppy-dog eyes ever!! I almost burst out crying, because it seemed like he was saying, "Hey Katie, why don't you play with me anymore? What about all those daily walks you used to take me on? Do you even love or care about me anymore??" That made me so upset all the more too, and I feel like such a horrible mom to my baby right now!!! -long sigh- Mom doesn't understand whatsoever about that either, 'cause when I mentioned something to her, she was like, "Huh? He's just a dog, and he'll be fine...don't worry!" I just wanted to scream, "He's not just a DOG, he's my best friend, and I'm neglecting him!!!"

Please just remember me right now...life is tough, and I feel like I'm in a deep, dark hole...and thanks for listening too, it wasn't easy to get all my unshared feelings out! Sorry to vent to you all too...I really hate bothering you guys...

~Katie~

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

I'm sorry to hear this, Katie Hope things go better soon... (((hugs)))
    Lola, the mutt, 2 years old

Anita, the dachshund, 7 years old

Oooh Katie! Things will get better soon! I know school can put a lot of stress on you! I'm not really sure what to say... Just keep up all the good work your doing... and look forward to Christmas break! Give Blazer a Hug and a Kiss (and maybe even a treat) and he will give you the comfort and support you need

{{{Hugs}}} {{{Prayers}}}

-Sarah <3 <3 <3
    Last edited by joanofark; 10-05-2005 at 04:28 PM.

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

Awww *HUGS*

I know that sometimes things can be overwhelming, but God never closes a door without opening a window. Just try and stay positive and focused and you'll do well. Also remember that you are doing YOUR best, and as long as in your heart you believe that, you'll be OK.

Oh Katie, dear friend, it breaks my heart to read how distressed you are Life can be so overwhelming at times, especially at your age, so many changes, so many commitments, from school work to friends to family responsibilties and obligations. Is there something about this year at school that's adding extra pressure? Have you taken on any additional extra curricular actiivites, clubs, sports, that sort of thing? Maybe it's just a matter of settling into the new school year, getting a schedule set, getting into a routine. Sometimes we just need to find our rhythm! If a subject is getting the best of you, try and find someone who you can buddy up with to study. Understandably, paramount on your Dad's list of priorities right now are your grades, so try and concentrate on keeping them up to assure that you can continue to participate in those activities that do give you some pleasure and relief from the stress, like horseback riding, youth group and most of all Blaze And don't give up on talking to your Mom. Moms can be a big help and source of support during those tough times
    We're here for you too Katie and you know, I'm sure Blaze understands too... If you can't fit in a walk, I'm sure he'd just love a few extra hugs and kisses from his Mom!
    Love, Sandra

We all go through times we just need to let stuff out.
    We're here for you!
    Prayers are on the way!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh Katie, I am so sorry to hear that you are going through such a rough time. I am sure you are trying your best at school and will continue to do so. I really agree with a couple of things that Sandra said, first, finding someone who may understand the material a little better to study with is a great idea. And second, I also think that even if you can't take Blaze for the walks he was getting before, he would definitely understand and appreciate a few extra hugs during the day. Good luck to you, and I will keep good thoughts going for you.

Katie I'm so sorry things are so tough for you! I miss having you around PT, but remember we all miss you!

Thanksgiving break isn't too far away, hopefully you'll be able to take a break then!

{{{HUGS!}}}

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3

Oh, Katie, I am so sorry. You're not a bad mommy to Blaze, don't ever say that. You're the best mommy to him ever and I know it. Give the sweet boy a hug and kiss from me. We love you, Katie and we are here for you. Please know that. Things will get better, I just know it. ((((((((HUGS)))))))) Remember that, I am just a PM away if you need anything at all.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Your friend,

Krista
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time at the moment. I feel so bad for you kids these days - I see how stressful school is for my teenagers too!

Sending you (((HUGS))) and prayers and loads of positive thoughts!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Katie, take a deep breath and try not to overwork yourself. Hard as it may seem it is possible.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Oh Katie so sorry to hear this! You will be in my prayers! {{{HUGS}}}
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

Sweetie, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time.

If I can offer advice, I may be able to help.

Write a list of all the activities/school work/ ect you do, including WHY you do them and how important they are to you...and to others.

Then, look at the whole list and number them according to priority.

I know that its hard to give up something, but you need to, honey. You don't want to run yourself ragged...making yourself sick. If you're sick, you can't do ANY of it.

It'll get better. Everyone has to learn eventually how to pick and choose what to do. When we're overly stressed out, we get over emotional...and upset.

You'll be in my prayers. If you need to talk, I'm here. I've been there, hon. I tend to CRAM everything I can into each day...and its not always the best thing to do.

Hugs,
    Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I'm sorry that you're feeling overwhelmed. You'll be in my prayers, hopefully things calm down for you after awhile.
    {{{hugs}}}}

Thanks so much guys, you all are the best! I feel a little better after all your nice words and suggestions!

Sarah--thanks, you're a pal!

Sandra--what can I say...you are a wonderful friend, and thank you so much for your kind condolences!

Is there something about this year at school that's adding extra pressure? Have you taken on any additional extra curricular actiivites, clubs, sports, that sort of thing? Maybe it's just a matter of settling into the new school year, getting a schedule set, getting into a routine. Sometimes we just need to find our rhythm!
    I really haven't taken on any more this year in school besides that I'm getting more involved in my youth group, and I work part-time at concessions for my brother's baseball games. (and I'm starting basketball in Dec.) I just know that starting 10th grade has seemed to get quite harder, and it's getting to me! I think I may be able to get used to it, but things are just so hectic right now!

I know that sometimes things can be overwhelming, but God never closes a door without opening a window. Just try and stay positive and focused and you'll do well. Also remember that you are doing YOUR best, and as long as in your heart you believe that, you'll be OK.
    DJFyreWolf36--you are so right!! God will open a window sometime, I just have to look for it. I'm trying to sta positive, but sometimes it's so hard...thanks though!

Crissy and Krista--you guys are so sweet! It's nice to know I feel missed and loved too and that you are remembering me...that means sooo much! *hugs*

Kelly--thanks for the ideas and help too! I think I will make a list of my priorities and do as you suggested, that sounds like a great idea! And I'll remember you're there when I need to talk, thank you so much! *hugs*

And thanks to everyone else as well, you don't know how much your notes mean to me!!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins