Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Apologize And Am Very Sorry

Apologize And Am Very Sorry

I just got two letters from Phred telling me that the letter I sent out to my friends and my friends here on PetTalk was a scam.
    It was the letter about the 14 year old boy who's father was killed in 9/11 and wanted to make 9/11 a National Fireman's Holiday.
    First of all I got the letter from a very good friend who I trust completely, there were many people on there who were fooled if that was the case.
    I thought it was a wonderful idea and he said it was just to get e.mails, I didn't see any e.mails on there and thought it was harmless, as you all know I am very computer illiterate.
    Phred was very unhappy in the letters he sent me and I am very upset, infact crying as I type this to think that anyone would think I would do this intentially.
    Right now I feel like I committed a crime. Please, anyone who would like me to take their e.mail out of my address book let me know I will do it right away. As I said, I thought it was a wonderful way to thank the firemen for all their dedication, Phred included.
    I am very, very sorry to all that I sent the letter to, if it is a scam.
    I feel very bad and I think I will not post in Pet Talk for a while, I imagine after the letter Phred sent out, many of you are angry and won't want to hear from me anymore. My credibility has gone down the drain.
    Jackie

OH JACKIE DO NOT THINK OF LEAVING PET TALK, EVEN FOR A LITTLE WHILE!!!! Hey, I don't think too many of us here are computer whizzes either and just really wanted to do a good thing by passing that along. Your heart was in the right place and NO you don't need to take me out of your address book. Possibly someone was rewarded with a nice list of e-mail addresses and we will get some junk mail as a result. I can live with that. In the future maybe we all will be wiser but for now I just want to tell you to please not be upset. Life is full of learning experiences and this is just one. Please, Jackie, don't cry. It's killing me to hear that! {{big big hugs}}!!!

Former User Guest
    Oh come on Jackie, how would you know???? I guess for us it wouldn't crossed our minds that some people can actually make hoaxes out of things like these, but unfortunately they can! I don't know you Jackie that well (been reading your messages and been on the dog board of yours), but I think I can say that you would never ever send out anything you didn't believe in!

Chin up Jackie and do not feel bad! I'm sure Phred isn't mad for you, but for the one who started the hoax in the first place!

Dear Jackie,

I most certainly am NOT angry with you about
    this e-mail. It looked legit to me also. If Phred
    thinks it's a scam, then so be it. You have the
    biggest, kindest heart of anybody I know. I am
    100% SURE you meant only to spread a good idea.
    Please don't blame yourself or feel bad about
    it. Stuff happens. Hugs & Best Wishes, Liz.

Jackie,

Don't be upset. The thought of you crying breaks my heart. I am sure that you didn't know it was a scam. Many people were fooled. I still want to be on your e-mail list no matter what. Pet Talk would never be the same with out you, Jackie, and your 2 two schnauzers.

Cheer up. You have done all that you can do by appologizing. I am sure that no one is mad. This too shall pass.

I'm hurt that she feels hurt. And I knew as soon as I saw the two emails this morning that she would be upset when she read them. You did nothing wrong, sweet friend, absolutely nothing. The thought of you sitting there, all upset, is just about more than I can take.

As I told you when I emailed you about this whole thing earlier, don't you dare even think about leaving Pet Talk, even for a little while!! What we don't need is to lose you too, Jackie!!! We love you!! And any of us who has ever read anything you have written either here or at your community knows that there isn't an insincere bone in your body.

Chin up!!!! You are loved by all of us, and I guarantee you won't get one single taker (except the one you have already gotten) on removing their name from your address book!!!

Jackie, please don't leave. Everyone gets fooled sometime. I enjoy your posts and would hate to see you go over a little mistake.

C&K it's good to see a post from you today.

Don't leave Pet Talk over this, please. You were fooled, as are many, by a realistic-looking hoax. In the future, please, before you send anything like that along, check urban legends sites - most all of the emails of this sort are listed, and the sites are updated frequently.

I get this sort of thing all the time, from people I know and people I don't know because I have several email addresses, including the one for nominations to Pet of the Day, that are public. I don't get angry at anyone, if I think it MIGHT be legit, I look it up before I respond in any way.

We love you and don't want you to be hurt any more by this hoax, so please stay!

Former User Guest
    I hope this isn't a hoax, but you can check stuff out from this page
    Truth Or Fiction

Hope this helps!

Don't leave Jackie. What makes me mad is that there are people who start hoaxes like these to take advantage of kind hearted people like you.

JACKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your last few sentences have me in tears! Please don't go. We all love you so much. We understand that you didn't know. And I want you to leave my address in your book! I would feel sad if I didn't get your emails anymore. You are and always will be a welcomed member at Pet Talk. STAY!!!!!!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Oh My Gosh Jackie - I can't tell ya how many times I've been fooled about stuff such as this. This happens to everyone and I gotta say I've been embarassed by what I've believed to be so sometimes. Don't give it another thought about leaving - we need ya here!!!!

jackiesdaisy1935! I don't really know you, but I too think you shouldn't leave because of this. I'm sure you meant well! Not long ago, I posted some rubbish here as well (Antivirus tip), naive enough to believe it, but I was wrong.

Check the link C & C posted! And cheer up!

All the best,

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Hey, Jackie. I have no idea what this is all about or what all is going on here. I don't think I"m on your e-mail list (and I would not mind if I was) and I have not received any behind your back or behind the scenes pm's or e-mails concerning you. All I know is that I like you. I like Perry and Daisy and Don. I like hearing stories from you and I like seeing your posts. I like all your pictures. I like seeing the kindness and love and generosity in your posts. I could go on and on, but I hope you get the point by now. What I'm really trying to say is, PLEASE, PLEASE, don't leave. I would really miss you!!!!
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

I'm butting in.......imagine that!!

I don't think Jackie is as upset about the hoax (although she was embarassed by it, as many people were), as she was the emails (2 from the same person) she received back in response to having sent it in the first place. That was the upsetting thing. And everyone she had forwarded the letter to in the first place was copied on these replies back to her. That was the most upsetting and embarassing thing. And I can certainly understand why she was upset by it. I was upset for her.

I hope Jackie can put all of this behind her, and know that we all care about her so much. Keep us on your list, Jackie!!!!