Thread: Have your dogs ever have one of those nights..

Have your dogs ever have one of those nights..

when they are not getting along ! .It happened to Kodie and Lucy last night,i have no idea what happened between them..they either got into a scuffle when we were out,but they were fine when we came home .I fed them,and Kodie was going to his bowl,and Lucy charged him growling,with her hairs up and everything .She did that atleast 5 times last night,even after i put their food away.When they got near eachother,they would just growl and stand their ground,and they were avoiding eachother. I let them out together,and i they were fine when they came back in,lol. Thats my weirdos for you

Lucy was just probably having a bad day, my guys have days like that too...especially Mini and Shadow, those two tend to get in each other's faces a lot!!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Yep, mine get like that sometimes. Sadie just charges at Maggie for no reason sometimes. Dogs have bad days too.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Dogs have moods just like we do. I sometimes have to separate dogs who have been friends for years. A couple days off from each other's company seems to restore their friendship. I seperate Raven and Deuce every night. They get along great all day, but if they have to sleep in the same pen, Raven is likely to take a round out of Deuce!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

yeah my dogs grumble at each other occasionally. usually its just over certain prized toys/food. alki is always in her crate when Im not home though, just in case one of them tries to start something when Im not there to supervise.

if you continue to have problems, a great little book to check out on this subject is called "Feeling Outnumbered? How to Manage & Enjoy a Multi-Dog Household" by Patricia McConnell
    R.I.P. Pidge & Charlie <3

Margaret (the biped)
    Oliver & Sahkmet (the buns)
    Brock & Alki (the poops)
    Felix & Linus (the mews)

"A dog's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." -Edward Hoagland

Actually... no. They always get along. I guess we're lucky!

1 girl, 1 pup, 2 guinea piggies, 1 bunny & 1 turtle!

thanks for the link for that book,i'll have to look into it
    Mine get along wonderfully,just last night they got mad at eachother.I agree,they have feelings like humans too,everyone has their bad days. It'd be nice though if every dog could get along with everyone.

Strangely enough, yes they do have days and nights when they just keep growling at each other. They both try to be the alpha dog I think and consequently, they like to argue occasionally. Daisy is a little bossy butt so she thinks she has to keep Delilah in line. They especially get touchy if there is table food close to them. Especially pizza

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!