Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stuff!!!

New Stuff!!!

Thanks Karen and Paul. This new software is very nice. Still checking it all out, but I do like it.

PS: The "cool" smilie does not show up under smilies...it's just a blank area.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

I think I fixed it.

Paul

How do I turn invisible again?
    I don't like people watching me! Or will I always be visible to myself?

At menu at the top of the page select "User CP" then "Edit Options" from the left-hand column.

Paul

I checked my user CP and it still says I am invisible, but it still looks like I am visible to me. I thought it was that we would always look visible to ourselves. Kay if you are still online, you are invisible to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger's Mom
    I checked my user CP and it still says I am invisible, but it still looks like I am visible to me. I thought it was that we would always look visible to ourselves. Kay if you are still online, you are invisible to me.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking..

And i'm still online so that must be the case.

but our options has not changed so does that * next to my username on main pet talk page means I'm telling myself invisible?

I only keep myself invisible because using this pager, pet talk never logs me out automically if you don't 'surf' on for more than few minutes - pager different cookies I guess - people will see me on 24/7!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Thats alright, I keep it on 24/7 anyway, whether I am here or not!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Great job and I just love the look. One feature I think is fabulous is the abillity to export my PM's to a file. I've always wanted that.

Thanks for all your hard work Karen and Paul...now Paul, I hope you can crawl into bed for some well deserved sleep. If anything is else is missing, we can live without it for a bit.

Thank you both again.

slick xoxo
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

There are a lot more options you'll find as you explore. Like:

Viewing threads: You now can CHOOSE how you view threads. How we are used to viewing them is called Linear Mode
    You also now have a choice called Threaded Mode which just shows you the beginning line of each post, and you click on it to see the contents of that post. This should be valuable to people with smaller screens - like when using a handheld device, or people with slower connection, like dial-up, as it only has to load a fraction of the information at a time. There's also a hybrid of the two modes.

To Change Viewing Modes when you are in a thread, the top left choice in the darker blue bar is "Display Modes" Click that text, and you'll see the choices.

New Private Message Feature:
    Another new thing that Slick mentioned is that you can export all you Private Messages to a file - and you can choose whether you want it as a plain text file, an XML file or CSV. That's way down at the bottom of the screen that you view your PMs in. And then, if like me you're constantly filling up your PM box, you can go back and delete anything knowing you do still have it!

You can do that with ALL your Private Messages, or just with ones you have selected.

I also noticed that you can either view the website in Pet Talk vBulletin 3 Style or vBulletin 2 Default. The latter looks more like it used it.

Folks, you can see this on the blue bar at the very very bottom left-hand side. There is a drop down arrow to choose.

Edit: I chose the vBulletin 2 Default but it only kept that look for a couple of minutes then went back to the 3 Style by itself. May we have a choice?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Wow! So different. I logged on this morning, thinking I was on the wrong site. I guess this will take some getting used to. One thing I wanted to ask...Can't we edit/delete our posts anymore? I only see a quote button...and well...sometimes you need to edit!

Edit: Nevermind...I see that I can edit MY post. He he he. The hearts in my siggy don't work anymore though. I'm going to goof off and see how to fix this signature stuff.

I Miss "Today's Active Posts"
    That's okay - you can still see them, it is just in a different place in this new software. In the blue bar above the forums, there's a spot marked New Posts

I Miss "Top 25 Posters"
    That's okay - you can still see them, it is just in a different place in this new software. When you view the Members List you can click on "Posts" to sort by who has the most posts, or by "User name" to see everyone listed alphabetically.

I Miss being able to see everyone's birthday that's coming up this week under "Calendar"
    That's okay - you can still see them,just switch your Calendar View to Weekly View instead of Monthly View

I am loving the "new ans improved" PT! When I ger on my computer, I'll really be able to see what's going on. Thanks Paul andKaren!

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06