Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Durable squeeker toy?

Durable squeeker toy?

I was wondering what squeeky toys can hold up the best to strong chewers.

I already know all about buying spare squeekies but Kaige chews them out so fast (as well as the stuffing but leaves the actual outer of the toy in one piece) that I can't keep up.

I thought the cuz would be durable but I read reviews on it & I guess I was wrong.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    The cuz has been the most durable for Finn, so far. But, even that didn't last long. I just buy super cheap ones, now, and, let him have it supervised until he destroys it. Then, I toss the pieces. If anyone can find a squeaky, durable toy, I'll buy it!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

If I could get my hands on a sewing machine i'd be able to make some. I have so material that a toy was made out of YEARS ago, when we first got Simba, and it's lived with every dog that's come in and out of our house.

I'll see if i'll be able to make some then send some your way.

I don't know what this thing is called or who made it, but I bought it at walmart. It looks like a kitty toy and sounds like a kitty toy, it has a jingle bell inside it, BUT its *KONG* strong and big. the spotties love it, especially jillian. she likes cat toys.

jillie goin after her jingly bell ball

Well, we got Bijou the Dino Cuz because she adores squeakers and I thought it might last...it wasn't a half hour before the feet were chewed off and half the dino spikes! But since that time, she's left the remaining spikes alone and loves-loves-loves to chomp on it and make it squeak! It's one of her favorites. So though it doesn't quite look like a Dino Cuz anymore, it still brings tons of joy to my pupper. I'm always on the lookout for a stronger squeaker for my champion chewer!

WHAT IS A DINO CUZ? COULD YOU POST A PICTURE OF IT PLEASE? CHICA IS AN AVID CHEWER OF TOYS. I HAVE TO GIVE HER TOYS SHE CAN'T CHEW UP.

I've only ever seen the green one -- I'd like a larger one if I could get it!

oh, that good to know those don't get chewed up, i saw them at petsmart and my dog size are really expensive, but they make a great noise! I didn't see the dino i just saw it in a ball shape with hair on top
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

okay, brock has never been a destroyer, hes only ripped I think 2, MAYBE 3 stuffies by himself. but now I have a pit bull and its a whole other story!! toys I *thought* were strong, she destories in one bite. lol brock is a big time chewer, but nothing compared to alki.

Ive never had a cuz but Ive heard from some pit people that they are pretty durable. as for me, I go with PLANET DOG, or KONG brand, esp their tennis ball material toys. alki loves her planet dog ringo and orbee ball. we also have a nut and bolt toy, and an orbee bone. and! all their toys smell like MINT! xD and of course I give both dogs lots of bones to chew on, and compressed rawhide last pretty long too, even for alki.

with a pit bull you cant expect anything to be indestructable, but you can expect these 2 brands to at least last a while. lol alki hasnt yet destroyed a kong or planet dog toy, but Ive seen some pits who have.

EDIT: Ive also heard good things about Ruff Wear, Bamboo, and Ruff Dog brands.

heres a site that sells all the brands Ive mentioned. it also has TONS of cute doggy stuff, treats, clothes, collars, etc etc etc; TRIXIE & PEANUT just go to "toys + treats" and click on "bouncy + tough"!
    Last edited by veegan; 10-01-2005 at 01:23 PM.
    R.I.P. Pidge & Charlie <3

Margaret (the biped)
    Oliver & Sahkmet (the buns)
    Brock & Alki (the poops)
    Felix & Linus (the mews)

"A dog's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." -Edward Hoagland

I found some awesome squeeky toys with lifetime warranty & guarantee against dog destruction at the dog show Sat so I picked up a few of them. $8 each but if they last or if the company replaces them like they should it is well worth it.
    It's made out of the bullet proof material (kevlar I think). I can't remember the name of them & just searched online for an hour trying to find it & I can't, I'll look when I get home.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Quote Originally Posted by lv4dogs
    I found some awesome squeeky toys with lifetime warranty & guarantee against dog destruction at the dog show Sat so I picked up a few of them. $8 each but if they last or if the company replaces them like they should it is well worth it.
    It's made out of the bullet proof material (kevlar I think). I can't remember the name of them & just searched online for an hour trying to find it & I can't, I'll look when I get home.

Please tell me if you're able to find them somewhere online, because I'll order several if they're durable. I spent $10 on a red ball, $8 is cheap!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by veegan
    okay, brock has never been a destroyer, hes only ripped I think 2, MAYBE 3 stuffies by himself. but now I have a pit bull and its a whole other story!! toys I *thought* were strong, she destories in one bite. lol brock is a big time chewer, but nothing compared to alki.

Ive never had a cuz but Ive heard from some pit people that they are pretty durable. as for me, I go with PLANET DOG, or KONG brand, esp their tennis ball material toys. alki loves her planet dog ringo and orbee ball. we also have a nut and bolt toy, and an orbee bone. and! all their toys smell like MINT! xD and of course I give both dogs lots of bones to chew on, and compressed rawhide last pretty long too, even for alki.

with a pit bull you cant expect anything to be indestructable, but you can expect these 2 brands to at least last a while. lol alki hasnt yet destroyed a kong or planet dog toy, but Ive seen some pits who have.

EDIT: Ive also heard good things about Ruff Wear, Bamboo, and Ruff Dog brands.

heres a site that sells all the brands Ive mentioned. it also has TONS of cute doggy stuff, treats, clothes, collars, etc etc etc; TRIXIE & PEANUT just go to "toys + treats" and click on "bouncy + tough"!

Omg, THANK YOU so much for all this info!! I have a pit bull puppy, we have bought her so many toys, she destroyes them in a matter of days sometimes minutes. I'm going to check out everything you suggested.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Quote Originally Posted by Jadapit
    Omg, THANK YOU so much for all this info!! I have a pit bull puppy, we have bought her so many toys, she destroyes them in a matter of days sometimes minutes. I'm going to check out everything you suggested.

Ditto to that, I may buy several things from that website!

I remembered to put the tag in my purse that night but kept forgetting to post about it on here for over a week. lol

Anyways there are 2 brands:
    Vo-toys made by VIP
    and
    Tuffies

When I was at the store last weekend there were squeaky toys made out of fire hose material...I really don't remember the brand but they seemed very durable.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08