Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marble Soccer

Marble Soccer

My Peach-Faced Lovebird, Kiwi, plays soccer with marbles!!! He also plays hid and go seek, and puppy dog (he rolls around and makes a barking noise). When you turn on music, he dances!!! Kiwi hasn't been on Pet of the Day yet (although there are two Peach-Faced Lovebirds named Peachy and Kiwi that live in Canada, MY Kiwi lives with me in North Carolina.

How about you? Tell me about yourself!!!

Kiwi1264
    Be cool...
    Chirp with ya later!!!
    Kiwi1264

Welcome to Pet Talk Kiwi!
    I hope you like it here. I am mom to four fuzzy cat faces, Leroy, Leonardo, Luke, and Chester. I have had a wide assortment of pets growing up though including dogs, hamsters, parakeets, fish, and other odds and ends. I love all animals. Welcome again!

Race Cars

Three of my bunnies play race cars.....they start in the kitchen come tearing out into the living room, through their tunnel, back to the far side of the living room, through a litter box and then on to the finish line back in the kitchen. They also like to play shot put and are trying for a long distance record. The Dig-to-China game is also a favorite...their telephone book is down to Contractors in the yellow pages.
    Their absolute favorite thing to do however is not really a game. They like to remodel their living quarters. Daisy has taken down a wall in her castle (fortunately it was not a load-bearing wall), made the first floor west window into another door and put in a picture window on the second level. She also decided she didn't like the flooring in her tunnel and has replaced it with hardwood flooring. Then there is the Persian Rug game, but we won't get into that one........

Daisey, what kind of tunnel are you talking about? I have been looking for a tunnel for my bunnies and I can't find one. The one I did find was too small. Boy Boy is about 7 pounds and can't fit. I am interested in anything that you can tell me to amuse my bunnies other than my carpet and baseboards. They have toys but like the carpet. I have made them a "digging" box with shredding in it. They love it but now they just like to "tinkle" in there. Which is fine. I gave them phonebooks but they were eating the paper and I didn't think that was safe. They are also eating their Carefresh litter. They are also eating their food. Just greedy!! But any advise you or anyone can offer would be GREATLY appreciated. I am still looking for a litter pan with the grate so they can't eat so much litter.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Kiwi1264

Hi there Kiwi, Cheeky and Bailey are glad to have another playful Birdie to talk to. Cheeky loves to play with small cat balls that have bells inside. He is a Green Cheek Conure. Bailey loves to Chew anything and everything including door frames. His mommy gets angry when he does little things like that. Bailey is a Elenora Cockatoo that is wonderfully sweet and hard to stay mad at. They are quite the talkers as well. They have not had their special day on Pet of the Day either...soon !!!

Cheekybailey

Thanks for the Welcome!!!!

Hi again everyone!!! chirpybailey-Kiwi went wild hearing me say "Birdy Friends"!! I'm serious!! So everybody, how's your pet(s) today? Kiwi is singing up a storm and went to the bathroom on the channel changer today! How fun...

Has any of your pets been on Pet of the Day yet?

Tell all of your animals I said "Hey"!!!!
    Be cool...
    Chirp with ya later!!!
    Kiwi1264

Hi Kiwi

The birdies had a fun weekend !! Bailey is potty trained but Cheeky well thats another story. No Pet of the Day of us yet either !!! Glad to see that Kiwi is excited about his/her ? new friends.
    Have a fun day Kiwi
    Cheeky and Bailey

"Hoppy" Easter Everyone!!!

Happy Easter to all of the pets and people on Pet of the Day!!! Kiwi says "Hi" to everyone!!! Talk to ya'll later!!!!!
    Be cool...
    Chirp with ya later!!!
    Kiwi1264

Marbles

I find that lots of small animals like marbles. My rat (may he rest in peace) used to love rolling around the little glass things! Keep having fun!
    No matter what happens at least my pets still love me.

Make a fast friend -Adopt a Greyound!!

HI GUYS!!!

Hey!! How was everyone's Easter? Kiwi was playing with the marbles today. You won't believe what he did!! I tried to put them away and he came up and latched on to me! CheekyBailey, what did you do when your birds bit you HARD???

Bye!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Be cool...
    Chirp with ya later!!!
    Kiwi1264

Bad Birdies that Bite !!!

What to do when the Birdies Bite !!!! Well I am still trying to figure that one out...Usually I get bitten by Cheeky either because I am paying attention to Bailey or when Cheeky is playing with a rattle ball on the Kitchen counter. I tell him he is a bad birdie and put him in his cage. There have been a couple times he has drawn blood as well. It makes mommy !! But I do my best not to show it. I was told to try not to show any emotion so they don't think what they have done was a good thing !!! Bailey never bites Thats one good thing. Easter was good and no one ate any Chocolate !!!!!
    Keep smiling Kiwi
    Talk with you later

Tazz, I just got a bunny tunnel last week for the rabbits. It is made of tree bark and it bends and shapes for them, I will post pics when I can.

Can't wait. Thanks Heather.

Tazz-regarding Tunnels......

Tazz, As usual, I'm just getting caught up on the postings...my apologies for missing this one.

Tunnels are easy. I went to Home Depot or Lowe's and bought a concrete form for mail box or deck footings and gave that to the buns. They offer several different diameters. My guys love it, except it tends to roll when they're in there. So I put it between a wall and a brick so it would be more stable. Busy Bunny sells a triangular tunnel and Bunny Bytes sells a great tunnel made of willow branches. You could probably take an empty cardboard box and cut off the narrow ends, turn it upside down and that could be a tunnel too.

Thank you. I know you have a lot of responses to answer...busy lady!!!