Thread: RANT- stupid neighbors

RANT- stupid neighbors

okay so I live in seattle, in a small apt complex on a fairly busy street, and theres not a lot of grass around, and none on my apt's property. so I usually walk the dogs to go potty across the street to the large strip of grass along the road, or to the strip of grass along the street in front of the neighboring apt building. Ive been living here for 6 months, never had anyone say anything to me about this. until today. I was in a hurry, and I can only take one dog out at a time, so I take brock out first, and as he is finishing up someone parks on the street near us. whatever, no big deal, nothing strange about that. so I turn around and jog back to my apt cause Im in a hurry, and as Im almost to my door, I hear "PICK UP YOUR POOP NEXT TIME!" ... it didnt even register in my brain until I was inside, when I was like... huh??? brock didnt even poop!! so I got alki, prepared to explain to this woman that my dog didnt even poop! and that I *ALWAYS* pick up after them. but when I get out there she goes off about how Im not allowed to let my dogs pee on that grass, that its ruining "their" grass, that I need to walk them up to the park (2 blocks away!!! I dont have time to do that FOUR times a day! esp when Im always late lol), and that she'd call my landlord if I did it again. I was just dumbfounded, and just kept saying, no one has ever told me that before, and that doesnt make any sense! I mean, this is a city and people walk their dogs down here all the time! I eventually turned and walked away from her cause we were getting no where. and just as I started walking away her husband called out to me saying "and scoop after they poop" and I didnt even bother to turn around, just said "I ALWAYS DO." and he replied "cool, thanks." phh. whatever dude. your wife just rips into me but youre acting all nice?? wth. ANYWAY.

so, Im gonna call my landlord tomorrow and ask if theres certain areas Im not supposed to take them, or what the deal is, since I was never informed of this before. but have any of you heard of anything like that?????? does the apt building own that strip of grass in front of it?? or is that city owned?? I thought it was city owned, since thats who I see mowing it! ugh. this is totally annoying and stressful.
    R.I.P. Pidge & Charlie <3

Margaret (the biped)
    Oliver & Sahkmet (the buns)
    Brock & Alki (the poops)
    Felix & Linus (the mews)

"A dog's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." -Edward Hoagland

its the cities grass the poop is porobly from other dogs like the dogs that live in that apartment building not yours and from dogs people just walk near the apartment some people are so strupid sometimes , did you have a bag in your hand ? if that was me i would have wove the bag in her face and said what dose this look like? ha anyways good luck id still phone up your landlord though
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Some people are just incredibly miserable and like to take everything out on the nearest person. Anything they can find to complain about, they jump on it. Her husband was probably embarrassed by her ignorant behavior so he tried to compensate for her rudeness by being nice. People like that, in my opinion, don't deserve any response from me at all. Until you check with your landlord, don't worry about it. She just sounds like one of those people that acts as if she's "in charge" and "in control" of everyone around her. I don't have a situation like that myself but I wish you good luck.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Originally posted by Daisy and Delilah
    Some people are just incredibly miserable and like to take everything out on the nearest person. Anything they can find to complain about, they jump on it. Her husband was probably embarrassed by her ignorant behavior so he tried to compensate for her rudeness by being nice. People like that, in my opinion, don't deserve any response from me at all. Until you check with your landlord, don't worry about it. She just sounds like one of those people that acts as if she's "in charge" and "in control" of everyone around her. I don't have a situation like that myself but I wish you good luck.
    ditto
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I've had this issue myself with Nicki. Once a man stopped me while walking Nicki and demanded I picked up poo that OBVIOUSLY wasn't hers (she's a hundred pound pooch, the offending poo was from something along the lines of 20 pounds - just a small difference in size!) He started to really argue with me when his wife came running out.... I swore if she could have slapped him, she would have. She pointed out the size difference and made him appologize! LOL

that said, I doubt it matters WHERE your dogs go.... unless HE is the property owner, and HE pays for the lawn's upkeep, he can keep his grumblings to himself.

So sorry people are giving you grief for that. I bet that lady just wanted something to complain about.

I was scared for a moment when I first opened the thread that it was going to be someone complaining about Alki's breed. -whew-

P.S. Feel free to come and walk the dogs in my yard. I know you can make it here and back on time, can't you? :P If you do, I will pick up their poop for you. It'd be much easier, you know?
    Last edited by Kfamr; 09-27-2005 at 07:29 PM.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

i think that lady is just a grump. besides..... i really doubt that pee kills the grass. my dog pees all the time in our backyard and the grass is perfectly healthy. she really needs to mind her own buisness. (sp?)

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

also, i think your dogs are ABSOLUTLY beautiful!!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I'm sorry you have to deal with people like that, why would people start complaining now after 6 months of you living there?! That is crazy, are there other people in you appt building that have dogs and if so where do they potty them? Is this lady's problem with only you or everyone from that building in general? Crazy, I hope you figure something out!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

guess some people just have too much time on their hands and nothing better to do... I think checking with your landlord (and maybe call the city, too) is a great idea. Good luck.

Hmmm. I think it depends where you live or the town ordinance. Before I got our fence and I was able to walk Logan, of course she did her business whereever. I can't time it or stop her in mid session. The entire area where I live has huge front yards (and backs) plus grass between the curbs and sidewalks. Logan peed by a telephone poll one night just as the owner pulled up. She ranted and raved forever how she pays blah blah amount every week to keep her lawn clean. I happen to know she has an uncontrollable, vicious little dog (it bit 2 neighbors and attached other dogs) and I've seen her kid walk the dog at the school yard across from her. I've never seen this kid pick up her dog's poop, but that's OK. . I told her 1) she pays way too much to her gardner 2)about her kid 3) I can't stop a dog from peeing. I just walked away. I always carry poop bags in my hand, Can't do a thing about pee. Regardless of it being a public place, we are responsible for our properties, even the sidewalks, ie: if they're cracked or dangerous. I can't even count the dogs that pee and poop on our property, but everyone picks it up. One time a lady was surprised her dog pooped, having just did it, and saw me, apologized, almost cried. No big deal. I have her a poop bag. No big deal. If I had to, I would have gotten it. There must be a poem "Ode to the Doglover" somewhere.

I've been Boooo'd!

Daisy and Delilah- yeah, I bet he was embarassed!

Kay- haha! I think it may be just a bit of a walk but thank you for the offer, so kind!

dab_20- well the grass she was freaking out about is browned from brock because he likes to go in the *exact* same spot every time, but the patch is less than 1' x 1' in size and on the very end of the strip of grass.

why would people start complaining now after 6 months of you living there?! That is crazy, are there other people in you appt building that have dogs and if so where do they potty them? Is this lady's problem with only you or everyone from that building in general?
    k9krazee- yeah I know, and the funny thing is, in both of the areas I commonly let my dogs potty, Ive been out with the dogs, while landscaping people where working on the areas, on *more* than one occasion in both spots, and no one even batted an eye at me for letting them pee there!

as for other ppl with dogs, my apt complex only has 10 units, and they arent even all occupied right now, and Ive only ever seen 1 other dog here, and Ive seen that owner only like 2 or 3 times walking her dog and it was always to or from the direction of the park. I think she just takes him for a full walk when she potties him. and then theres another person in the condos across the street with a boxer who just walks him to a grassy area around the corner, similar to what I do. so I dunno really. I think that woman is just bitter about the people who dont pick up after their dogs, and was just taking it out on me.

guess some people just have too much time on their hands and nothing better to do... I think checking with your landlord (and maybe call the city, too) is a great idea.
    cyber-sibes- yeah, I emailed a law enforcement person at the seattle animal shelter asking if there were any laws about pee. have yet to hear back from them.

I havent called my landlord, and realized the next day that even if that woman does call my landlord, that it wont even matter. my landlord could care less about what I do with my dogs off their property. shes not my keeper. lol so Im just going to avoid the area in front of that womans apt, and use the area I normally use, that brock actually prefers. and hopefully Ill get an answer from the city soon.
    R.I.P. Pidge & Charlie <3

Margaret (the biped)
    Oliver & Sahkmet (the buns)
    Brock & Alki (the poops)
    Felix & Linus (the mews)

"A dog's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." -Edward Hoagland