Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem at school. . . please help.

Problem at school. . . please help.

Ok, heres whats going on. I have been going out with this guy for about 1 year and 3 months, and he was my best friend for like 3 years before we ever started dating. Well, when school started (september 1st) he broke up with me. He was a year older than me. I didnt mind, because our relationship was kinda getting old. But, this new guy came to our school, and I really liked him, becuase I had seen him around town and he worked at our Hugo's and stuff, so I saw him quiet a bit. Anyways, he asked me to our homecoming dance, and I said yes, and he asked me out at hte same time, but i said no, because I didnt really know him. SO, a few days later he asked me out and I said yes. We have been going out for about 2 weeks, but my ex boyfriend will NOT talk to me, and absolutly hates me. All of my friends hate me now, becuse I am going out with this new guy. My ex boyfirend was like a prep nad a HUGE football player nad basketball player,, he played on the Varsity (12th grade) basketball team in 8th grade. My new boyfriend has the "punk" look with the nice guy attitude. he is three years older than me. I like my new boyfriend SO SO much, but all of my "friends" hate me for going out with him. I dont know why they dont like him, everyone judges him and they dont even know him. He is so nice, but everyone just assumes that he is mean, by the way he look, he doesnt even look that much like a "punk" he just has 2 earing so people just assume. . (i will post a pic of him, and you guys can see waht you think, i dont think he looks like a punk. . )My best friend (kylie) was happy I had found someone new, but then all of a sudden today she didnt sit with us (me, my sis, and my boyfirend) at lunch. So i approached her and asked why she didnt sit with us, and she said becuase she didnt like tyler. I like tyler SO SO much, and breaking up with him isnt an option., but i dont know what to do, I want my friends back. I know this is a common problem in high school, but it is terrible not to have any friends anymore. Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Here is a pic of tyler . . .
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

People your age are more fickle than not. Did you see how quickly they turned their back on you? It'll reverse just as quickly. If not, they were never really much of a friend to begin with - don't you think?

aww....he doesnt look like a punk at all...your friends should get to know him before they judge him....
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Have you asked your friends WHY they don't like him? If they are fickle enough to hate you for dating someone new, how valuable are they as friends? Maybe be time to ask some questions, both of yourself and of them.

Thats waht i was thinking too. They couldnt be to good of "friends" if they just turn their back on me. I dont even know why people say he looks like a punk either, because he wears like pink and stuff like everyday, and he only has like one dark shirt. My school is so messed up. I also think that people dont like him, becasue they are afraid of him. He is nice to everyon, but he could seriously beat someone up. He is in wrestling, unlike ANY other guy at my school, and he came to my school because he got kicked out of his old school for beating someone up. Everyone calles me a wh0-re and a $lut and stuff, and they say they dont like tyler becuase they said 'quote' "he walked into this school like he owned it" and everyone says "you dont have any friends anymore and nobody likes you" and i just reply with " like I care" I try to hide the fact that I dont have any friends anymore, last year, wehn I was going out iwth my ex and stuff, I was fairly popular, and everyone was my friend but today it all just got to me wehn my best friend since like ever told me that she didnt like tyler, when just last week she said she liked him ,and that she was happy for me and that she would go out with him too. I hate people taht judge people they dont even know, and go along with waht everyone else says .

More advice is welcome/ much needed, thanks again!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Originally posted by Toby's my baby
    Thats waht i was thinking too. They couldnt be to good of "friends" if they just turn their back on me. I dont even know why people say he looks like a punk either, because he wears like pink and stuff like everyday, and he only has like one dark shirt. My school is so messed up. I also think that people dont like him, becasue they are afraid of him. He is nice to everyon, but he could seriously beat someone up. He is in wrestling, unlike ANY other guy at my school, and he came to my school because he got kicked out of his old school for beating someone up. Everyone calles me a wh0-re and a $lut and stuff, and they say they dont like tyler becuase they said 'quote' "he walked into this school like he owned it" and everyone says "you dont have any friends anymore and nobody likes you" and i just reply with " like I care" I try to hide the fact that I dont have any friends anymore, last year, wehn I was going out iwth my ex and stuff, I was fairly popular, and everyone was my friend but today it all just got to me wehn my best friend since like ever told me that she didnt like tyler, when just last week she said she liked him ,and that she was happy for me and that she would go out with him too. I hate people taht judge people they dont even know, and go along with waht everyone else says .

NO OFFENCE BUT THEASE GIRLS ARE LIKE NEEDING TO GO BACK TO MIDDLE SCHOOL, EVERYTHING WILL EITHER TURN AROUND OR YOU'LL MEET NEW FREINDS, WHO NEEDS GIRLS LIKE THAT FOR FREINDS! PLUS YOU HAVE FREINDS HERE AND ALOT OF THEM PROABLLY HAVE GONE THREW THE SAME DRAMA IN HIGH SCHOOL.
    FRESHMAN YEAR IS ALWAYS LOTS OF DRAMA
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

It sounds like you have already answered your own question. Regardless of whether or not your relationship with Tyler continues, it seems time to make some new friends. Look around, there are probably other good people whom the "popular" crowd has disregarded for some reason, get to know them, and you may find new friends. And do talk to your (former?) "Best" friend, if she cannot explain anything other than Tyler being disliked because he has some self-confidence, then she may not be worth it!

And, of course, silly girl - you have friends here at Pet Talk! - so you are never truly friendless!

He is nice to everyone, but he could seriously beat someone up. He is in wrestling, unlike ANY other guy at my school, and he came to my school because he got kicked out of his old school for beating someone up.
    Kicked out of a school for beating up someone? He must of beat the crap out of the student to get expelled from a school. Not good. He may be "nice" but this young man is some one with a temper. I wouldnt want to cross this young man. Does your parents know he got kicked out of a school for beating someone up? I think if they knew this you wouldnt be able to see him. Watch yourself with this young man. He beats up guys who's to say he wont beat up girls. Personally, I would loose this guy.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Originally posted by Craftlady
    Kicked out of a school for beating up someone? He must of beat the crap out of the student to get expelled from a school. Not good. He may be "nice" but this young man is some one with a temper. I wouldnt want to cross this young man. Does your parents know he got kicked out of a school for beating someone up? I think if they knew this you wouldnt be able to see him. Watch yourself with this young man. He beats up guys who's to say he wont beat up girls. Personally, I would loose this guy.
    Opps!! i am really sorry, i should have refraised that. He didnt get kicked out of school for beating up someone, he got kicked out of school for trying to start a fight with someone for something they did to him or one of his friends. I have NEVER seen him with a temper, i have never seen him even mad at anyone before, except for my exboyfriend.

And thanks everyone, I know I have MANY friend here at Pet talk, and i know I can talk to you all about anything.

Also, it is really really hard for me to make new friends, because i go to a VERY VERY small shcool. only 170 people in Kindergarden - 12th grade. I only have 13 people in my class. So i cant really just make new friends. Me and my sister are transfering to a bigger high school next year, becuase it is a lot bigger about 170 people per grade, I am possitive i will like it a lot better there, it has a lot more classes and oportunities. I dont know what to do with myself this year though. My sister really likes my boyfriend (she is my twin) and we have been a lot closer than usually this year, so me and her and Tyler usually hang out. I am going to talk to my 'friends' tomorrow, and ask them why they dont like me or tyler, and try to get things strait that are crooked, try to get some of my 'friends' back. Thanks again everyone!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-

Good Luck!!!!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

You definitely need to talk to your best friend and find out why she doesn't like Tyler. Try to hear her out without getting to defensive. You will be able to tell if she is a good friend or not. I will keep good thoughts for you.

This might not be much help...but I'll give it a shot..

Go to the mall or something with your best friend and go to some place to eat or something where the two of you can be alone and ask her WHY she doesn't like Tyler. If your best friend is truly your best friend..she wouldn't let a guy come between you two. JMHO. Good luck and please keep us updated.

Love,

Krista & the fuzz butts
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

hmm maybe she might be a little jelous, you might be spending to much time with him? i dunno
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

It doesn't seem they are your friends I think they will only be your friend if they think the guy is hott and popular or something becuase you are going out with someone you like and he seems to be a nice guy and all but since so called your friends say that they don't like him becuase he isn't popular or something because that kind of seems that way which is really weird because if i saw someone going out with someone you have to get the know that person and you will be nice to them like my firend was going out with someone I got to know him and he was nice at first but when i knew him he actually got annoying but with my other friend her boyfriend was really kind and funny and that is when i got to know him. So i hate it when people judge other people.
    [muneca]&[chiquita]