Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Owners of small dogs, anul express by Vet sometimes is necessary. Maybe large dogs to

Where do you work? A large chain or a smaller private business?

I know that larger chains (petsmart etc...) are cheaper.

Also I am in the states, you are in BC, maybe that make a difference?

I know for me to get Nanook groomed (he is bigger & fluffier but kept clean) the cheapest I can find is $75 (not including petsmart, petco etc... Its just me personally but I won't bring my dogs there). And that only includes the bath, no extras no anal glands or nails etc...
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Thank you everyone for your help. I will check arouond my area to have Chica taken care of by a groomer.

Originally posted by lv4dogs
    Where do you work? A large chain or a smaller private business?
    I work at a private business. Wow, $75 for a husky, for only a bath? At my work, we won't do just a bath -- we always have to bath and do glands, blowdry, and then groom and nails (unless the owner asked for one of these things not to be done --- there's this crazy lady that comes in with her disheviled dog that only ever wants a bath. The thing's nails are SO long!). For a husky at my work it would be around $32-34 if the dog wasn't badly matted.

Also, for only the anal glands done without anything else at my work would cost $4. I don't know about other places though, I had no idea that other places could charge so much!
    I've been BOO'd!

Originally posted by wolfsoul
    I work at a private business. Wow, $75 for a husky, for only a bath? At my work, we won't do just a bath
    Well actually they brush him too sometimes dry him but someplaces blowdrying is extra. Noears, nails or glans included, all extra.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Originally posted by lv4dogs

I would say that for a chi. to get a bath & anal glans emptied it would be about $40-$65 average.

We charge $23 for a chihuahua I think...includes bath, nail trim, ears cleaned and anal glands. I work at Petco.
    We're one of the more expensive groomers in my area too.

I know many people do not like Petco and Petsmart but I have honestly heard much worse things about the private groomers around here than anyone else (and we get plenty of complaints about Petsmart.)
    Last edited by wolf_Q; 09-28-2005 at 11:18 PM.

It's gross, but it has to be done