Thread: Does anyone knows how much time it takes that your cat is COTD?

Does anyone knows how much time it takes that your cat is COTD?

I sent long time ago the photo of my cat and is not yet posted, I was wondering if they are posting it in order receive or they are choosing among them?
    Can anyone tell me please?

I don't know for sure because I have not done it yet, but I have heard it takes quite awhile. Alot of people here have submitted pis, etc. and are still waiting.

I'm sure there will be someone who could give you a more accurate time..............

Former User Guest
    We nominated Casper and Kitty last August and are still waiting... Good luck for you!

I can answer this one! There is no specific time. It is not "first come, first served" but a combination of factors, including the quality of the photo, the quality and content of the "what's special", the variety of cats or that kind (we try not, for example, to have three orange kitties in a row, or three Siamese - we aim for variety, and lastly - whismy!

Every cat (or dog or pet) with a complete nomination is considered a candidate until they rae chosen for a day.

Long Time...

Karen, we certainly do appreciate your explanation...I had wondered myself - I submitted our three-legged BeBop and his little story in March of 2000, and I'd given up ever having him honored, but I am very glad for you that you have so many followers. We all love COTD and have met so many great people as a result of the kitties and their families!

Thanks for all you do...we love you

Bari and the Pride
    Last edited by Bari_d; 03-15-2002 at 11:49 AM.

When I submitted the photo and accompanying story of my cat Marsha in 2001, I crossed my fingers and hoped that her picture would be featured within the next 12 months or so. Imagine my surprise when not even two weeks later, her beautiful image appeared! I thought I was going to have a heart attack!

Karen's and Spencer's pointers for submission are worth noting, especially the part about the quality of the photo, the story, and, as Karen added, a bit of whimsy...I believe these qualities are what helped get my Marsha's picture published in short order (it's either that or it must have been a SLOW day at COTD! ).

To elaborate:
    Photo Quality - I submitted Marsha's picture in Adobe .PDD format
    Story - My account of the day she adopted me is, I must admit, very unusual!
    Whimsy - I chose a picture of Marsha dressed in a scarf--you don't see many cats wearing one!

Pardon me if I sound like a stage parent--it's been almost a year since Marsha's picture got published but I'm still very proud of my little girl! To those who are patiently waiting their turn, don't be discouraged--you can always try again, especially if you take better pictures of your cat in the future, or if you have other cute antics to report. My first submission, that of my late cat Cherry, never saw the light of day (and this was around 1999); perhaps at the time there were simply too many entries to choose from--oh well!

Hope this helps...
    CatFan

When is your cat's day

I know, I sent Zippy's picture in and it seemed forever... Then there he was, COTD! The thing is, every cat is wonderful, most of them are hard to photograph, and you can never really describe your cat's specialness in words. The good news is, your cat is your COTD every day!
    Leonard Migliore

you're so right

Of course, we all feel very proud when our cat gets the chance to be admired by everyone. But, I am proud of my special kitty, even if I am alone with her at home and nobody else can see us. She gives me so many opportunities to be proud all the time. And I think, we all feel the same, that's why we love them so much.

I put Misty's picture in and that has been over a year ago and she has never been on. Be patient we all. I enjoy showing Misty off through talking. on these threads.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ila! She's a beauty! I bet she'll be chosen one day!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thank you !!! I think she is rather beautiful too! She does not need to picked I know she is my pick pet everday !!
    Attached Images Attached Images