Thread: Kabul Zoo Visited.

Kabul Zoo Visited.

We've had a programme on TV tonight filmed just before Marajan died at Kabul Zoo. Yes it was very sad to watch the old lion dieing in front of our eyes. The love he was shown came over loud and clear.
    I remembered the site you found us Chuck.
    But the enthusiasm of the people trying to help the remaining animals was wonderful. There was a chap called John Walsh an American who works for WSPA, the organisation trying to help get the Zoo back on it's feet. He even managed to get the first electricity since 1994!!
    There was a black bear called Donatella, she had been injured on her nose by some soldier swiping at it, then with the contant rubbing on the bars of her cage - it wouldn't heal. A vet was getting anti-biotics into her by hiding the tablets in apples - her favourite food!! They'd renovated another enclosure for her and managed to get her in it - wonderful NO bars!!
    Two wolves going 'stir crazy' in a tiny cage were also rehoused in another renovation - you could almost read the look on their faces - 'For us - all this'!!
    Finally when someone brought an Asian Wild Cat to the zoo to be looked after, they put it in a cage and drove it miles away to a wonderful quiet place near the mountains, with a stream nearby and released her there.

I'm sorry to have been very long winded I just had to tell you all, that after the tears we shed for Marjan, things are being done there to help the remaining animals by caring, loving people, in the most difficult circumstances.

Lynne

I haven't seen the program but did see on the news about dear Marjan. I cried when they said he had died. I'm so glad the rest of the animals are getting the help they need and deserve. I wonder if the John Walsh is the same one who hosts a television show here in the States called, America's Most Wanted. This John Walsh has made it a point of trying to find murders and thugs. His little boy, Adam, had been horribly murdered many years ago and he has made it a personal matter to help catch as many murderers as possible. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same man. He seems to care about righting unjustices to all creatures.

His program really gets results. I seem to remember hearing he was doing a piece on the zoo but can't remember for sure. I know someone showed the animals and told about their needing help very much. I'm so glad someone was able to do something for them.
    Last edited by momoffuzzyfaces; 03-14-2002 at 04:09 PM.