Thread: Return to New Orleans or NOT?

Hybrid View

Return to New Orleans or NOT?

UGGHH!!! That New Orleans Mayor is at it again!!! He's telling people it is okay to return to certain parts of the city. However, last week he was forcing everyone to leave and requested it by force!!! The FEDERAL government REFUSED to FORCEFULLY remove anyone from their homes. Now the mayor is requesting these SAME people to return to New Orleans this week and most likely will blame the FEDERAL government for NOT allowing people to return!!!
    Now I would be angry at this point if I lived in New Orleans!!! What incompotent leadership they have!!! Then to play the Race card and Blame game? You know they are going to claim that No black people were allowed back in. However, the poorer neighborhoods are still under water and impossible to return to. It is the higher ground areas which are more "affluent" that people are returning. That is because their power supply was kept above ground and could be repaired easier.
    I believe the Mayor of New Orleans is trying to play games with the Federal government and pass any kind of "blame" on them. He is trying to divert attention from himself. However, how many lives is he putting in danger? Allowing people to return to areas that the FEDERAL government hasn't determined to be "safe". If something happens to these people who is he going to blame?
    The FEDERAL government is US people!!! We are the Federal government!!! Personally, I don't like someone blaming me for their inaction/bad decisions.
    Scooby, Shaggy the "Dogs", Ms. Thang the "Cat" and introducing Measley Weasle "The Ferret".

I think they need to get those levees fixed before they let anyone back in. They still aren't safe. Sandbags won't hold them.

Um, does the mayor know there is another hurricane heading toward the gulf????? It's taking a similar path that Katrina did. I have nightmares about people trying to come back and getting hit by a second hurricane. They really would have thousands dead in that case.

I think they just need to wait a bit longer.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Changed mind again...

The mayor has announced changed his mind again!!! NOW NOT allowing people to go back into areas. The FEMA people told him not too cause their guys are wearing "special" contamination suits in the VERY areas he wanted people to go into!!!
    The HURICANE is NOT heading anywhere near New Orleans!!! The weather channel is showing the hurricane hitting Texas and NO Where near new orleans or the gulf coast!!!! They never said there was a chance. Some CNN reporter just put that in their broadcast and now everyone is jumping on it.
    The freakin governor of Louisiana had a news conference on MSNBC on it!!! Telling people the prediction center gave it several predictions it could strike there. This isn't true according to the Weather Channel's reporting. It gets it's stuff directly from the Hurricane center. They did successfully predict Katrina's path at this same point in time. Rita is Much farther south and taking a due EAST approach. There is too much High pressure North for it to turn upward.
    Man I hate the press!!!
    Scooby, Shaggy the "Dogs", Ms. Thang the "Cat" and introducing Measley Weasle "The Ferret".

What they are afraid of is the levee's were weakened by Katrina and not that Rita will hit here, but the rain we will get from it. Any large amount of rain, the levee's are going to break and New Orleans will probably flood worse that it did with Katrina. That is what they are worried about. They have ordered the people to leave again and no one is being allowed to come back in.

Mayor Nagen and the officials were very much in disagreement because of the levee's.. He's saying "come on back" they are saying not to. There is no potable water,if a fire breaks out, they have no way to fight it, it is unsafe health wise. I think Nagin was wrong to give them hope of returning back to their homes by saying to come on back. Most of those homes are unlievable and we have yet to see what happens to people's health because of it.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Return to New Orleans or Not

I tell you one thing that Mayor of total & if he thinks he will be re-elected well Need I say more..
    Ok now to the question No dont go back now still with Rita out there hurling around..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

They don't know for sure what path Rita will take at this time. Even the weather channel isn't real sure. Even if it misses LA, there will probably be lots of rain and possible wind.

Rita makes me nervous. It's acting a lot like Katrina did. Both came across Florida as a cat one, and headed for the very warm waters of the gulf. I pray that Rita doesn't get as strong but they say there's a good chance it will be a cat 3 or so where ever it hits. Look for gas prices to sky rocket again too.

MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

DId anybody tell the Hurricane that it can't hit New Orleans again?
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

And I am flying OUT of New Orleans in the morning and scheduled to fly back into it in a week...... Am I nervous?? YOU BET! At noon on the news today, the traffic leaving New Orleans was looking lik a parking lot on the interstate!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Originally posted by Laura's Babies
    And I am flying OUT of New Orleans in the morning and scheduled to fly back into it in a week...... Am I nervous?? YOU BET! At noon on the news today, the traffic leaving New Orleans was looking lik a parking lot on the interstate!!
    The question I have is where do you go? Looks like Rita may get Texas so people shouldn't evacuate to there. They will be evacuating too. Which way is safe to go?

If it hits Texas right, we in Kansas sometimes even get wind and rain from hurricanes.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Originally posted by IRescue452
    LOLOLOL

The Weather Channel did.

Time to go home and do a head count and crate count and start stocking up supplies.
    Love is Adoptable. Adopt a Pit Bull.

Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Animals Die.

If Pit Bulls are outlawed, only outlaws will have Pit Bulls.

Originally posted by IRescue452
    Somebody did and it listened. It's heading for us instead.

Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
    I think they need to get those levees fixed before they let anyone back in. They still aren't safe. Sandbags won't hold them.

Um, does the mayor know there is another hurricane heading toward the gulf????? It's taking a similar path that Katrina did. I have nightmares about people trying to come back and getting hit by a second hurricane. They really would have thousands dead in that case.

I think they just need to wait a bit longer.
    No kidding. the mayor is an idiot and should be forced out of office IMO.

People who are there still cleaning up, the people of all the rescues are saying its not safe, the Pres says its not safe.

And Mr. Nagi'manamianidiot is ignoring them. Hopefully the people who Mr. Nagin is saying its safe to come back will have some intelligence and NOT go back till the clean up crews says its safe to do so.

ETA: oh, didn't read that he has changed his 'mind' yet again.