Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often do your cats VOMIT???

How often do your cats VOMIT???

And do they ever vomit as a group? LOL . . . seriously.

Josie vomited on Saturday night at around 11 p.m.

Brodie vomited on Sunday night at around 11 p.m.

He always wants to be just like his big sis . . . so I wasn't too surprised . . . or too thrilled.

YUCK!

Here's a new pic of my little "angels" . . .

-christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

What cuties! Mine vomit too - Belle more so than Katie, but she seems to get more hairballs. What's really gross is I think Roscoe ate her vomit the other day I call him my clean up crew, but that's not exactly what I had in mind. Mine have never vomited together though...that I know of anyway

God, my house was vomit central this past spring. Hairballs everywhere I turned. I got some hairball management food and mixed it in with their regular stuff... and what a difference! Only once in a blue moon do I see hairballs anymore!

How often? LOLOLOLOLOLOL...really, you should ask, "How infrequent?" I could at least respond with a shorter answer!!

I just love that picture of Josie and Brodie, so cute!! Yes, Sash vomits occasionally. It seems since he got older, around 11ish he started vomiting more often. He goes through fazes where he does several times a week and then he doesn't for a while. On average he vomits every 5-7 days. I think his comes from eating too fast because it's immediately after he gobbles his dry food down or sometimes I will find pieces of hair in his vomit. Yes, I inspect it since I'm a chronic worrier.

You might want to feed them more canned food if your not already, for some reason cats seem to vomit dry food more easily. Good luck!

Just another thought, you might want to give them some hairball gel occasionally. It seems like that has really reduced Sash's vomiting episodes too. I give it about once a week to every two weeks now.

How often do your cats Vomit

MMMM well lets see Yardleigh at least once a week (she eats to much) & the other girls it depends on hairballs or not.. But will state I have many of early A.M. hours going down the hall to the bathroom & then there is that wet sqesh between the toes.. Then you turn on the light & they just look at you with those eyes of Whats Up..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Originally posted by Cataholic
    How often? LOLOLOLOLOLOL...really, you should ask, "How infrequent?" I could at least respond with a shorter answer!!

Exactly. Not a day goes bye that I don't see it, find it some
    place or step into it. I never would have believed that
    cats could be sooooo messy. Yuck. I honestly believe that dogs
    are much, much cleaner animals.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Okay, this may be a little more graphic than usual.... Tabby vomits much more frequently that Sashy. Tabby, however, always lets me know when she is going to be sick. She has this terrible howl-like sound that comes from the very bottom of her tummy... and I know it is time! She then makes the awful "dryheavish" sounds, and up it comes! At least I have some warning, and can move her, if necessary. Sashy, on the other hand, she is only 2, and has only gotten sick twice. But both times, there was no warning, and it was VERY projectilish! It was everywhere! Bless her heart. Both times, I believe, were a reaction to food that didn't agree with her. Tabby usually gets sick from a hairball or from eating too much grass. I live in a rental townehouse, so I am not too worried about the stains. I clean them as best that I can and we go on about our days! Sorry about the graphic descriptions!

Pumpkin never vomits. Barclay on the other hand will throw up almost daily. I guess he eats too fast, but we tell people he's our bulimic kitty.

Whisper vomited several times last week; but we usually just get a vomit once every week or so. After getting them shaved, we haven't had hairballs..well, winter will be fun.
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

Interesting question as I sometimes wonder how our puke rate compares with others

With the five cats - I never no idea WHO is doing what - but I will find a cold hairball every couple weeks. Sometimes there will be fresh food on the floor next to their bowls - once a month of so...I always figure somebody ate too fast

THE FOUND CAT MEEZERS,VOMIT,A LOT MORE THAN THE OTHER CATS,AND THE MESS,IS USUALLY UNDIGESTED,WHICH MEANS,ATHT THEY ARE BOLTING THIER FOOD DOWN,AND THEN THROWING IT BACK UP.
    THE OTHER CATS ARE MUCH BETTER.
    THE THING I HATE,IS WHEN THEY VOMIT,INTO THIER FOOD BOWL,AS YOU HAVE,TO THROW GOOD FOOD OUT!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Near Seattle in the beautiful Pacific Northwest
    Norbert is known around here as "The Duke of Puke"!

He's got the most delicate stomach, then comes William (he bolts his food, gets into play mode and starts racing through the house and then stops to upchuck).
    The other guys are few and far between - usually hairball related.

And Gary....I know what you are saying about doing it in the food bowl. Hate to have to throw out the good stuff with the bad, but no choice when it happens.
    Tiger, Percy, Antoinette, Scooter,Norbert,Willy, Pippin
    www.tribeof7.com

Originally posted by catmandu
    THE THING I HATE,IS WHEN THEY VOMIT,INTO THIER FOOD BOWL,AS YOU HAVE,TO THROW GOOD FOOD OUT!
    LOL Belle vomits in Katie's food bowl, but never her own What a smart kitty