Thread: Katrina pets are still in trouble - more ways to help

Katrina pets are still in trouble - more ways to help

Hi animal lovers,

I've been reading Cat of the Day for months and just registered today.

I've been following some the animal rescue work being done following Katrina, and things are still quite bad down there, partly due to lack of assistance and cooperation among the various agencies, government, military, etc. Some individuals have been incredibly helpful, but there has been no overall coordinated effort. In the meantime, more animals are suffering and dying.

I saw someone posted info about Pasado's Safe Haven, which is one of the groups I have been following. They're amazing! Here's their website again; you can make a cash donation or donate specific items (meals for the rescuers, etc.): www.pasadosafehaven.org

There's also Eric Rice's site. He is in the Gulfport, MS area, and Katrina really hammered that region. His site has more info on how to help and where to donate. www.ericsdogblog.com

And then there's www.bestfriends.org - their group is also very busy rescuing animals. To donate money, click on the Hurricane Relief Fund picture on the home page. For more info, including ways to help, click on the photo above Best Friends Hurricane Relief, then click on News Stories, then Resources & Information.

There are many posts there from people who are down there helping now, and they post updates on what and where help is needed. There are many places that just need bodies to help clean cages and assist the rescue effort. If anyone is in the Gulf area - or can get there - please check these pages to see what they need. Time for these animals is running out!

www.pasadosafehaven.org
    www.ericsdogblog.com
    www.bestfriends.org

Thanks for the info and WELCOME!