Thread: Lion cut ???

Lion cut ???

I was wondering if anybody was a cat groomer and new what a Lion cut is i have a all white cat {bubbles} and he's a little over wieght so he has a hard time getting to the back of him everything else is fine just the back and the groomer suggested a lion cut i'm not quite sure what that is . he's in inside cat only

Here's a picture of bubbles the only one i could find that's scanned sorry it's not a good picture

CalliesMom had her 3 done. I couldn't find the original pics but her is one. Basically they shave the cats body leaving fur only on the head, tail and legs.

Hope you don't mind that I used a pic of your babies. Let me know if you do and I will remove it.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

I am a cat groomer. Here is my Calvin after his lion clip

The clip can vary according to personal taste, but you always have a shaved body. It is very short and smooth when finished. Then some people leave a large mane around the head and neck, which like in Calvin's case, could include the shoulders. Some people want only the head left long (less hair to deal with at home). The tails can be left full (like Callie's mom's babies) or left with a lion puff (like Calvin) or even shaved completely.

Noah gets a lion cut each summer:

I prefer to keep his tail, head, legs and mane...but whichever you prefer is best for you and your kitty.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Not a problem Michelle.

Here's a good back end picture of Callie's cut.

We moved from Alabama to North Carolina at the end of July and I didn't want them to overheat in the car. The fur is growing back in nicely now and they did really seem to like being cooler.
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

I JUST WISH I TOOK A PHOTO,OF MOOSE,WHEN HE HAD HIS LION CUT.BUT HE LOOKED SO DEPRESSED,THAT I DIDNT HAVE THE HEART,TO DO THAT,AND I THINK,THE MOOSE THE MAGNIFICENT,THANKS ME,FOR NOT RUINING,HIS IMAGE!!

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thanks everyone
    I think that's what i'm going to get him.
    Like i said he gets matted in the back So i think that will work out great.

Hopefully he likes it

awww, my neighbor's purdy kitty got a lion cut earlier this summer. At first before I got a good look at her I thought she was starving until I realized the reason she looked so skinny was because all her fluffy hair was gone! (she's not technically supposed to go outside so I hadn't seen her in a while). In any case, I want(ed) to steal her!

My Fluffy gets a lion cut every summer, he is older with long hair and his grooming habits are not, um well, very good!

This is what he looks like with hair!

Please be very careful with shaving your white cat, (white cats have really sensitive skin) and he will get a sunburn REALLY fast, even though summer is somewhat over, please keep him inside during his thin coat!!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

Thanks everyone
    He's a inside cat only so Hopefully i won't have to worry about sun burn but you never know he loves the window

I was thinking he might be cold because winters coming but he sleeps in his HUGE bed it looks like a bean bag but it's fleece so i think he'll be ok