Thread: Tribute to Katrina Victims

Tribute to Katrina Victims

I have been searching over the internet for pictures of the whole orderl those people went through in New Orleans. I have found a ton of them but also found this. This is what I am wanting to do but with New Orleans music and have selected The Basin Street Blues by Dr. John as my music.

Thought you all would enjoy this one, it is wonderful and shows it all! (Tissue alert) It takes awhile to download since it has a lot of pictures and music but it is worth the wait.

http://www.katrinatribute.info/

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

*wow* wipes eyes, thank you for sharing that.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Wonderful Laura...some of those images are extremely powerful. I think the best part is the question WHY? and no matter how hard they try there is no justification as to why anyone had to wait 4 days before any type of rescue was sent in after the hurricane hit. IMHO the U.S. government fell extremely short on that one and there is no way in a million years to explain or justify that.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

WOW that was a very powerful, sad, amazing, and tearful site....it made me cry...
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Yesterday, I talked to a neighbors son who is a first responder and they went down there the Wednesday after the storm hit. He said FEMA was there and turning away everyone who had came to help.... FEMA! When I asked how they got in when nobody else could he simply said "NOBODY could keep us out, no matter WHO it was" ... He never did explaine HOW exactly they got in.

Based on what he told me, our fine govenor nixed everything Mayor Nagin asked for before, during and after the storm. He said Mayor Nagin of New Orleans had asked Gov. Blanco for mandatory, forced evuacation DAYS before the storm and she said "No".. I do not know if that is true or not, could be rumors, but if any or all of what he told me is true, she is the one to blame for what happened there.

He also told me that the Superdome was only set up to accept critically ill patients before the storm. It was never meant to be for everyone. There is so much to all this that we do not know and I hope it does come out, the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

So many suffered and died .....

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!