Thread: Call Call Call!!!!!!

Call Call Call!!!!!!

Pasado Safe Haven is currently in Louisiana helping with the animal rescue efforts. Unfortunately, now 17 days after the storm, most animals have died slow, gruesome deaths. Out of 50,000 animals only about 6,000 have been rescued so far and many are at the point of emaciation due to starvation, dehydration and heat exhaustion. Lives forgotten.........

This dog is a walking skeleton, and he is one of the lucky few.
    http://www.pasadosafehaven.org/NEWS

Federal and state goverments have steadfastly refused to use their resources to rescue these animals, even after the human residents of the city were evacuated. Animal rescue volunteers have struggled round the clock but could not do it all on their own. They still search and hope, but the odds are dwindling.

If you care about these innocent, lost lives, please call the President and the Governor and tell them that you personally hold them responsible for their evil, criminal neglect and callous indifference. They need to know they will pay politically for their negligence, because politics is all they really care about, not the lives of U.S. citizens or their beloved pets.

Louisiana Governor: 1-866-310-7617
    225-342-0991
    225-342-7015
    225-925-1938
    LA Governor FAX 1-225-237-5655 and 225-342-7099

White House: (202) 456-1111
    White House fax (202) 456-2461
    White House email [email protected]
    Dick Cheney email [email protected]
    Last edited by LorraineO; 09-16-2005 at 02:12 PM.

I would have stayed and starved to death with my own dogs if they left me with the choice of saving myself but leaving my dogs behind.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

You should have seen some of the pics coming out of there these days of the lucky dogs to be rescued,,, talk about STARVING and almost dead!!! They are walking skeletons

The links not working for me.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Try the link now....

Lorraine,
    I sent another e-mail about a mile long. I really let the Whitehouse have it. Do you personally see that anything is improving there in the aftermath of the storm? Those pictures brought tears to my eyes, needless to say. If they're not making great strides in helping these animals by now, I want to know why not? Why couldn't some of this red tape been waived in the wake of this nightmare? What do you hear about this situation overall? I am in constant touch with my local group, Second Chance Rescue out of Ponce Inlet, FL. They are on their second rescue trip now. This is all so frustrating for all of us who care so much about these innocent babies. I, for one, don't want any of them to be forgotten. Please keep us posted on latest news. I shudder to think of the horrific stories I don't hear about. Thanks.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Well I am not sure to be honest,,,, but this is part of a notice I get from HSUS.........

On Wednesday, one of our Disaster Animal Response Teams in New Orleans rescued a St. Bernard from a rooftop – a dog they described as the most emaciated animal they had ever seen in all their years of handling animals. The veterinarian who treated the dog was shocked that the animal, who weighed just 40 pounds, was still alive.

Who helped us rescue this animal? It was several National Guardsmen, who heeded our rescuers’ pleas to take them through the water on a tank so they could get up on the roof to save the dog.

But the troops’ actions were not ordered by the National Guard – nor by the White House, the Defense Department, the Department of Homeland Security, or the state of Louisiana. In fact, despite our repeated requests, none of these entities has formally agreed to marshal their ground forces to help rescue the pets and other animals slowly starving to death in the affected areas.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~